Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re-opened issue: 15 second rewind/forward function broken on lock screen (Dec 2021)

Solved!

Re-opened issue: 15 second rewind/forward function broken on lock screen (Dec 2021)

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

(iPhone 8+)

Operating System

(iOS 14.8.1)

My Question or Issue

I've had this issue for at least 3 months now. When listening to podcasts, if I try to rewind/fast-forward 15 seconds - ONLY at the lock screen - every single time I tap the button 2x or 3x (and sometimes just once), it rewinds/fast-forwards many minutes, some random amount, between 3-15 minutes. No specific amount of time, but clearly not 15 seconds, or even 30, 45, 60... I saw this problem posted in 2019 but it was "fixed". Now appears to be back. 

Makes it really difficult to find where I originally was when I clicked the button. Especially difficult because the time-tracker (on lock screen ONLY) is always *way* off or standing still. For instance, right now it says 00:06:04 but I am more than 35 minutes into the podcast... I get around the problem by always having to unlock the phone to adjust anything or see where I am at, but while driving this is a HUGE pain in the "......" and frankly becomes a safety issue where you want to fiddle around with your phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @cgiura16

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you check if the OS of your phone has any pending updates. 

Lastly, we'd like to know if this only happens when you listen to music via Bluetooth or when you stream directly on the phone as well. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @cgiura16

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you check if the OS of your phone has any pending updates. 

Lastly, we'd like to know if this only happens when you listen to music via Bluetooth or when you stream directly on the phone as well. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts