Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.4

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.4

Hi folks.

What's new in this version (0.7.4):

• New: We're rolling out an entirely new way to Browse music.
  • New: Spotify now speaks Thai, Turkish, Brazilian Portuguese, Malay and Greek.
  • Fixed: Bugs and bad things.

Updates 2013-09-04

• Crashing: We're aware that some people are experiencing issues with Spotify crashing. We're investigating and will keep you posted. You can also keep an eye on @SpotifyStatus for more information, as it becomes available.
  • The "original" Playlist view has been restored, and with it the shuffle function!

Updates 2013-09-07 (Adam)

• While we're investigating the crashing of 0.7.4, if you have a Spotify username but an account also connected to Facebook, try using your Facebook details to log in rather than your username.
  • Alternatively, as a temporary fix, download the Spotify iOS 4 app from the App Store. It's a bit old school but it'll give you access to your playlists and most of the same features as normal.

Updates 2013-09-10 (Per)

• The crashing of 0.7.4 should be resolved now
  • If you're still having issues with crashing, please reply with this info:
    - Did your app start crashing with this latest update, 0.7.4, or was it already happening before?

Notes:

• Shuffle: You can still turn this on/off in album view
  • Users with iOS versions 4 and 5 can still use "Spotify for iOS4", which can be found in the App Store.
  • If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [iOS] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.
Community Ergo Sum
89 Replies

Hello,

Latest update is crashing on iOS 6.1.4(10B350)

Steps taken to attempt to resolve. 

1. reboot 
  2. delete app and data reboot and re-install
  3. reset privacy settings

You've got to be kidding, right?
This ain't some freebie service from some teenager's bedroom we're Talking about here. This is a premium service you take £120 a year for, and you expect me to make do with a patch-up job designed for ancient iPhones? No way! You need to get the iOS5 iPad version back in the App Store pronto.

Keeps crashing on startup using ipad2, with wi-fi enabled. Works in flight mode. Chrashes again when re-enabling wi-fi.

My mobile app (iOS user here) is working fine post-update, but the shuffle feature for playlists I have created has been removed? ?? ??? !!! ?? 

How come? Why on earth would that be a good idea? I prefer to listen to my large playlists using the shuffle mode so my playlists are fresh. Who is the / genius / that suggested removing it would be a good idea for all and sundry? I'm completely baffled.

~ X

Crashing on startup with my new iPad mini - what gives Spotify?

I'm paying for the monthly subscription, and the app is now useless.

@Brangil wrote:

You have to manually enable shuffling through the album art view which is what I was complaining about a few posts above yours. It's not as easy as it used to be to shuffle a playlist and what's worse is that now shuffling is going to remain active until you manually turn it back off. It's not good.

The new shuffle arrangement really irritates me and is much less safe to manage while driving.  Is there an official channel for feedback?

ABSOLUTE FAIL. I pay money for this and have come to appreciate (up until today) the reliability of the product.

Enough so that I have put all my music "eggs" in one basket. Unfortunately. And not for long.

I have followed all troubleshooting instructions and deleted/reinstalled/depowered/repowered and tweaked every applicable setting and tried just about every configuration of airplane mode/4G/wifi etc etc. All I get is a CRASH on startup.

Fix this or you'll lose me and other customers quick.

Yes I have the same problem since the new release. Urgent help is expected from Spotify administrators. Thanks

App crashes at each opening. Impossible to use spotify on Ipad since this release. 

App crashes at startup. Please fix or I'll happily switch to Rdio.

Doesn't work for me.

ADD THE FLUSH CACHE BUTTON, PLEASE.

Thank you

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description
I open the Spotify App. The App crashes/closes in three seconds.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps
1. Complained.
2. Deleted Safari history, cache, and cookies in Settings.
3. Restarted phone.
4. Deleted Spotify App and data.
5. Re-installed Spotify App.
6. Opened Spotify App.

What I expected to happen
I expect the app to function properly.

What actually happened
The app does not function at all.

My iPad/iPhone model
iPhone 4

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?
No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?
5, two offline-synched.

My mobile Spotify version
E.g. 0.7.4

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)
N/a

My provider and country
Verizon, US

My username
schmadamasaurus

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?
N/a

@Xtian wrote:

My mobile app (iOS user here) is working fine post-update, but the shuffle feature for playlists I have created has been removed? ?? ??? !!! ?? 

How come? Why on earth would that be a good idea? I prefer to listen to my large playlists using the shuffle mode so my playlists are fresh. Who is the / genius / that suggested removing it would be a good idea for all and sundry? I'm completely baffled.

Ah. So THAT'S where they hid that 'button.' I don't get that. At least it works.

~ X

I have one question for you, fabulous spotify team:
What the f**k mean the 4 albums cover on the top of the playlists?
You can navigate it? NO
You can play with them? NO
What they do? NOTHING

Bring back to work and add a properly album covers in the playlist and the button for flush this **bleep**ing cache.
I pay 120 bucks at year and this service is ridiculous.

Same here. The first shock I got this morning was the missing shuffle button. The second shock came, when Spotify crashed and keeps crashing since then everytime I restart it. Don't you test your software before rolling it out?! What kind of crap is this? And why would you remove the shuffle button?!

Mine also keeps crashing during start up IPhone 4s iows 6.1.3 Tried deleting App and down loading but it just crashes. Help

iOS 0.7.4: cool, but why there's no "shuffle play" button on playlists anymore?

Thanks Adam at least I can use spotify now......and the Tunigo app is fantastic thank you I didnt know about it. Thx

If not competoble with ios5 next version, i will quit and swith to Pandora. why is only IOS6!!! NOT FAIR AND RIDICULOUS.
Follow me

Suggested posts