Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.9.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.9.0

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 0.9.0
  • New: Never miss a gig! Artist views now feature touring details.
  • New: Spotify now speaks Japanese, Russian and Indonesian.
  • New: New Search rolling out now. Get ready for instant results, and the ability to search playlists and user profiles.
  • Fixed: Many bugs conquered.
  • Fictitious: This app shot the sheriff.

#0.9.0 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • When reporting issues, always mention what version of the Spotify app you're using
  • If you're still having issues using your car stereo with Spotify, please come here and provide us more information
--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
28 Replies

For some reason the "playlist" menu will lag when I tap at the top of the phone to make it scroll to the top. This doesn't happen once you're in a playlist, but it does occur in the "main menu"/playlist menu. There's a terrible amount of frame drop/lag. Try it out yourselves. I use an iPhone 5 so this really shouldn't be a performance issue on my phones part, but instead related to bad coding. 

Ally's

I can't see any difference tbh. I still can't share with SMS/email/to other Spotify Users and I still can't find my friends. Other than that, the app does everything I need it too. Can you confirm these faults are being worked on?

Sigh...Still no way to access my play queue on iPhone.

Share bug Per confirmed in the last update is still not fixed 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having a big bug. When I open the app, it loads and then freezes forever. Can't play a song anymore. Deleted and installed the app completely but it doesn't help. Sad to see this bug. Why should I pay for mobile access, if I can't access anything on mobile?

Seems to be very close to my crash down problem: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Spotify-Crashing-on-iPhone-4S-after-...

Hope that anybody could help to fix this issue!

Yes, I replied to your thread.

@LkeMitchll wrote:

Sigh...Still no way to access my play queue on iPhone.

Seriously, where is this?  It was announced back in July as rolling out soon.

I guess they thought we would forget?

Songkick shows me gigs in a different state.

If I want to create a new playlist out of an album within a specific folder (albums 2013 in my case), the workflow seems to have changed.. I must now go to the folder and edit the folder content, there I can create a new playlist BUT have to type in the name by myself. Until the last version it was taken automatically, please change back!

There seems to be two versions.... This is where it gets confusing. lol I have had premium for a while now and I love, I use it all day every day. My mom just signed up for the trial, so I was showing her how to use the app. When I got to the now playing screen, her app was different than mine! HER screen has the play queue but mine doesn't. I have checked - we are both on 0.9.0.8. Where it gets tricky is if I sign out of my account on my phone and I sign in as her, MY PHONE gets the play queue. WHAT?! Here are some pictures. >_> What is this nonsense, and how do I get my account updated. O_o we are both premium users... the only difference is she is on the trial, and I have been premium for a long while... 

The first picture is my phone, the next is my mom's.

MyPhone.jpg
MomsPhone.jpg

I am still not able to see play queue on the iOS version of Spotify. A bit weird.

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

It might be your account. Like I said, my account does not have the play queue either, but when I sign in to my mom's, the play queue is there?!

@Chr15N0l4n wrote:

It might be your account. Like I said, my account does not have the play queue either, but when I sign in to my mom's, the play queue is there?!

Spotify is testing the play queue feature with a small amount of users before everyone gets it, to gather feedback. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Am I the only one who experience lag when scrolling heavily in a playlist? Why has the performance gone to sh*t? With such minor iOS 7 updates, it seems they've somehow increased the performance requirement. But I guess it just boils down to terrible coding.

Ally's

I'm having pretty much audio quality problems since the last update. I'm using the new version on a iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.2 with a pair of Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 and the quality massivly dropped for me. Also I have some songs in playlists which I was able to access before which do not even load now anymore. If I try to listen them on my PC they work as usual. I does'n matter if I try to stream or I try to save them on my smartphone. When I try to download them they download within a second and the file itself is a dead one.

Pretty sure that this just happens since the last patch. PLEASE fix that fast. 😞

@MattSuda wrote:

@Chr15N0l4n wrote:

Spotify is testing the play queue feature with a small amount of users before everyone gets it, to gather feedback. 

That makes sense, is there anyway to make me one of the users? 😄 xD like write spotify up, "I'll beta test." 😄

@Chr15N0l4n - That feature isn't running as a beta test you can apply for like others as far as I am aware, the rollout of that feature appears to be random. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts