Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 3.7.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 3.7.0

What's new in this version (3.7.0)

• Minor improvements.

52 Replies

MINE KEEPS CRASHING ON THE NEW UPDATE ON MY IPOD TOUCH 5TH GEN AND EVEN TRIED REDOWNLOADING AND LOGGING OUT PLEASE HELP MEREDITH I HAVE PREMIUM TOO AND I WANT TO LISTEN TO MUSIC

Having the same issues on my iphone 5s. App will not open after logging in. Tried reinstalling. Still not working.

App crashes upon startup.  I'm using iOS 7.  I tried deleting and reinstalling and it won't even let me login before crashing.

Spotify keeps crashing for me as well. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. As soon as I try and login it crashes...

ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS SPOTIFY, OR JUST KEEP STANDING BY READING ALL THESE PROBLEMS AND SIMILAR ISSUES ON APPLE REVIEW IN THE APP STORE?? PLEASE HELP!!!! THIS IS SO ANNOYING AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE HERE IS UNBEARABLE. A MAJORITY OF US HAVE PREMIUM AND ARE ABOUT TO CANCEL IF YOU DON'T FIX THIS!!!

Yep same problem. Please let is know it's atleast being looked into.

Bad QA. It crashing after the update iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.2

I'm canceling my subscription until it's fixed.

It's completely broken, fix this please.

Agreed this is a bunch a crap

The only way to get it working is to close the app from the app drawer, turn ios device off (ie: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and back on again, then open the app and it should work as normal, but this is only a temporary fix, so hopefully spotify are working on a fix after the amount of people this is happening to is far beyond the amount it should affect, although unless thousands of people decide to cancel their subscriptions, they won't make it a priority. its an update that clearly had bugs in it, but they still decided to push it out to the public anyway. Spotify staff take note unless an update is perfect with no bugs in it, please do not release it to the public, all it will do is annoy loyal customers and chase them away to rival services like google music. 

Okay so I can't listen too any music on spotify when not on the app. I have an iPhone 5c on the latest version of iOS 8. I pay for premium and I'm connected to wifi which has full bars. I have to be on the app.

What is happening here??? I cannot log in...I am Premium and it is not working!!!!

Updated spotify and now it repeatedly crashes. Tried the generic off/on, force close/re-open, un-install and download. All with no luck and issue persists. Will be canceling my subscription effective immediately until I see a response from spotify on here that issue is resolved.

I recommend you all do the same if reading this forum!

The message: "An error occurred", appears every time I search for music. Have done all the previous suggested problem solving but with no success. Please fix ASAP. I am paying for premium and not able to use Spotify.

Same thing here. I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 7.1.2 and after updating the Spotify app to 3.7.0 yesterday, the thing does not work anymore. It crashes on start-up.

I have tried removing the app and re-downloading it from the App Store, then it runs to the point where it asks me for my login credentials. But it still crashes right after that. Doesn't even save the login info.

Completely useless as it is now... great.

Same here, this update crashes on start up for me. From my phone's log:

Aug 18 18:17:34  Spotify[6919] <Error>: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'NSConcreteAttributedString initWithString:: nil value'
	*** First throw call stack:
	(0x2f2b6f83 0x39a67ccf 0x2f2b6ec5 0x2fbee925 0x2fbee801 0x10e5d2b 0x10e55fd 0x10d102b 0x10cf727 0xea54d 0xea4fb 0xea21b 0x1144c9 0x111a11 0x1135d1 0x1054f6d 0xe1e50d 0x39f4f833 0x39f4f81f 0x39f4f777 0x2f2818a1 0x2f280175 0x2f1eaebf 0x2f1eaca3 0x340f0663 0x31b3714d 0xb3a5d 0x39f74ab7)

I am having exactly the same issue ever since IOS 3.7.0 update.  4S running iOS 7.1.2. Clean install doesnt help.

-----

Same thing here. I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 7.1.2 and after updating the Spotify app to 3.7.0 yesterday, the thing does not work anymore. It crashes on start-up.

I have tried removing the app and re-downloading it from the App Store, then it runs to the point where it asks me for my login credentials. But it still crashes right after that. Doesn't even save the login info.

Completely useless as it is now... great.

By the lack of reponse from Meredith or anyone I'm assuming that Spotify is CLUELESS and can't replicate the issue.

So let me help, here's how to replicate the issue on an iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.2:

1. Make sure you're connect to a cellular network with data enabled

2. Make sure that Wifi if turned ON but NOT CONNECTED to any WiFi hotspot (if it's connected to a WiFi then it works fine)

3. Start Spotify, it'll crash before the first screen comes up

There you go! Now please FIX IT!

A workaroung in the meanwhile for folks

1. Put your phone into Airplane mode or Turn off WIFI

2. Start Spotify, wait for the screen to load (it will say cannot connect

3. Turn off Airplane mode or Turn on Wifi now

Suggested posts