Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Failing to download a song?

So I'm operating on iOS with a premium account. I'm trying to download a song ("Forced into Fire by For Today on their Wake album) and it won't download. It continuously tries to download and thus won't allow me to download any other songs. I've trie...

• So I'm operating on iOS with a premium account. I'm trying to download a song ("Forced into Fire by For Today on their Wake album) and it won't download. It continuously tries to download and thus wo...
  • jfert
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist will not shuffle new songs I add to it

I keep a playlist of my favorite albums from the year and I listen to it on shuffle when I drive. Recently I've run into a problem where the playlist will NEVER play the songs from the latest album I added. I can't make sense of it and I'm losing my ...

• I keep a playlist of my favorite albums from the year and I listen to it on shuffle when I drive. Recently I've run into a problem where the playlist will NEVER play the songs from the latest album I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • shuffle
    Shuffle Algorithm
    Shuffle in playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

App keeps crashing after latest update

The iOs app is crashing for me around 90% of the time since the last update. It will start playing a song for 10-20 seconds and then crash, which is extremely infuriating.

• Regular
  • The iOs app is crashing for me around 90% of the time since the last update. It will start playing a song for 10-20 seconds and then crash, which is extremely infuriating.
  • shlomok
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Web player insists on using an iOS device.

OK I get hometoday and head to my study room and try turning on spotify on my browser. No music. Its trying to play to my iPad which is on the 2nd floor. I have no way to change devices, no option other than walk up 2 flights of stairs? I went to my ...

wtfspotify.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • OK I get hometoday and head to my study room and try turning on spotify on my browser. No music. Its trying to play to my iPad which is on the 2nd floor. I have no way to change devices, no option ot...
  • Tiemmothi
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • grr
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music disappearing from playlist

For some time I had problems with songs disappearing from my playlist. Then it suddenly stopped and I didn't think much about it. Now today, I watched about 10-20 songs being gone from the playlist I listened to this morning. And now these songs are ...

• Regular
  • For some time I had problems with songs disappearing from my playlist. Then it suddenly stopped and I didn't think much about it. Now today, I watched about 10-20 songs being gone from the playlist I...
  • Thisisemilie
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

album showing up on desktop but not mobile

I dont know if this is a common issue with some music but Ive noticed 'machina' from smashing pumpkins doesnt appear on my iphone or ipad...at least not the songs just the album but the desktop version on mac has the whole album...is this a problem o...

• I dont know if this is a common issue with some music but Ive noticed 'machina' from smashing pumpkins doesnt appear on my iphone or ipad...at least not the songs just the album but the desktop versi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook Login to wrong Facebook account

Today, my Spotify App logged out on my iPhone. I am trying to get logged back in. I have 2 Facebook Accounts. It keeps logging me into my OTHER Facebook account. The account that I'm logged into right now is the one I want logged into on my iPhone. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Today, my Spotify App logged out on my iPhone.  I am trying to get logged back in.  I have 2 Facebook Accounts.  It keeps logging me into my OTHER Facebook account. The account  t...
  • MarcosOsorio
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lag/Loading problems on saved playlists

Good Morning, So recently i have stumbled upon an unsual error. First off, i am running ios 10.3.1 the latest from apple and the latest version of spotify as well. I have downloaded playlists and what not within the app. When i go to scroll i sometim...

• Regular
  • Good Morning,   So recently i have stumbled upon an unsual error. First off, i am running ios 10.3.1 the latest from apple and the latest version of spotify as well. I have downloaded playlist...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App won't open

Hi!I downloaded the nwe verison today and since then I can't open the app.I restarted my phone a bazillion times, deleted and reinstalled the app even more, but nothing works.What can I do? - Celi

• Hi! I downloaded the nwe verison today and since then I can't open the app. I restarted my phone a bazillion times, deleted and reinstalled the app even more, but nothing works. What can I do? &n...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No explict tags or features on the lockscreen?

I find it annoying when the explicit tags for songs do not appear when i am listening to songs on my iPhone? And features do not appear either, just the main artist which really bugs me

• I find it annoying when the explicit tags for songs do not appear when i am listening to songs on my iPhone? And features do not appear either, just the main artist which really bugs me
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files added to playlist but isn't shown on iphone

I have local files I want to play on my iPhone. I added them to the playlist... The playlist is shown on my iphone but NO SONGS are there, none. I tried checking all the settings and various forums in here, but people only have problems with sync not...

• Casual Listener
  • I have local files I want to play on my iPhone. I added them to the playlist... The playlist is shown on my iphone but NO SONGS are there, none. I tried checking all the settings and various forums i...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • iPhone 5S
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Unplayable Album

I have an iPhone 6 and last night, i went to go listen to Rammstein and found that my favorite album LIEBE IST FÜR ALLE DA had disappeared. i closed my app, reopened it, and it was still gone. i checked the band's website, because maybe they had take...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 6 and last night, i went to go listen to Rammstein and found that my favorite album LIEBE IST FÜR ALLE DA had disappeared. i closed my app, reopened it, and it was still gone. i chec...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple TV streaming fails after a few minutes

I can get spotify playing via my Apple TV following the instructions on your support website. However, after a few minutes the stream stops playing. I really want to be able to play spotify on my TV and it's extremely frustrating that the stream keep...

• I can get spotify playing via my Apple TV following the instructions on your support website. However, after a few minutes the stream stops playing. I really want to be able to play spotify on my TV ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist showing old album artwork of erased songs

When I'm playing one of the playlists I am constantly changing old album artwork songs come up when you are seeing the queue of the playlist. It's like there is a glitch in the app even though there have been multiple updates since this started happe...

• When I'm playing one of the playlists I am constantly changing old album artwork songs come up when you are seeing the queue of the playlist. It's like there is a glitch in the app even though there ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The App won't open on my iphone

I have a Premium account and use Spotify on my Iphone. Since Friday (21st April 2017) the App hasn't been working. It has just been saying "waiting" with no way to open the App. Has this been happening to anyone else?

• I have a Premium account and use Spotify on my Iphone. Since Friday (21st April 2017) the App hasn't been working. It has just been saying "waiting" with no way to open the App.   Has this bee...
  • ElsaGottvall
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist order (iOS)

Spotify won't save my playlist order, I have to re-sort (e.g. by Artist) each time I get into the playlist. Any way to save that to avoid re-sorting each time?

•  Spotify won't save my playlist order, I have to re-sort (e.g. by Artist) each time I get into the playlist.  Any way to save that to avoid re-sorting each time?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Carplay wont scroll down past 20+ songs in a playlist

When I connect to my 2016 silverado using Apple Carplay, I cant scroll down more than 20+ songs in a large playlist. Why????? I'm on iOS 9.3.2 and the most updated ersion of spotify on my phone.

• Casual Listener
  • When I connect to my 2016 silverado using Apple Carplay, I cant scroll down more than 20+ songs in a large playlist.  Why?????  I'm on iOS 9.3.2 and the most updated ersion of spotify on my...
  • travisparent1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Experimental iOS design?

So this is a bit of an odd post, but I was using the Spotify app, selected my 'New Music Weekly' playlist, and it took me to an entirely new playlist design--one that I liked, as well. The player design was also much cleaner, and featured a solid pau...

• Regular
  • So this is a bit of an odd post, but I was using the Spotify app, selected my 'New Music Weekly' playlist, and it took me to an entirely new playlist design--one that I liked, as well. The player des...
  • madasmas
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Collaborative playlists on iOS no longer show usernames

Within the last few weeks, my Spotify iOS app stopped showing usernames on Collaborative playlists, which makes them much harder to use and appreciate (I don't know who has added other songs). This field still appears on the macOS client.

• Within the last few weeks, my Spotify iOS app stopped showing usernames on Collaborative playlists, which makes them much harder to use and appreciate (I don't know who has added other songs). T...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes