Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Car USB album art bug

I recently bought a 2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring, and I'm having some issues with album art when playing Spotify over usb. When I initially start playing music, the album art displays correctly; however, when the first song finishes and the next track pla...

• I recently bought a 2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring, and I'm having some issues with album art when playing Spotify over usb. When I initially start playing music, the album art displays correctly; however, ...
  • Alexks
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

find the waiting list on ipad

i am trying to find the waiting list on ipad. can somebody help me?thanks!

• i am trying to find the waiting list on ipad. can somebody help me? thanks!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play all songs

When visualizing the content of a folder with the last release (8.3) of the iOS mobile app, I can't find anymore the option "play all songs"!!

• Casual Listener
  • When visualizing the content of a folder with the last release (8.3) of the iOS mobile app, I can't find anymore the option "play all songs"!!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify displays albumart of previous song

Since Spotify iOs app version 7.8.0 (updated on my iPhone 03/06) I experience the strange phenomenon that spotify displays de album art of the previous song on my car display. Use an iPhone 6 on a Opel Navi 650 system via an USB connection. I never e...

• Casual Listener
  • Since Spotify iOs app version 7.8.0 (updated on my iPhone 03/06) I experience the strange phenomenon that spotify displays de album art of the previous song on my car display. Use an iPhone 6 on...
  • TeeJayVee
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Remove artwork from lock screen

Hi,My phone provider offers free music streaming from Spotify which is great! The catch is they charge me data for the fact that Spotify is displaying the album artwork on my lock screen which means I can't use Spotify while I'm not connected to wi-f...

• Hi, My phone provider offers free music streaming from Spotify which is great! The catch is they charge me data for the fact that Spotify is displaying the album artwork on my lock screen which me...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not getting premium

Hi there. I just subscribed to premium last march 18. My carrier advised mo to register my cp number to spotify.globe.com.ph to get a confirmation code. Unfortunately im not recieving any code.Please. I need helpThank you

• Hi there. I just subscribed to premium last march 18. My carrier advised mo to register my cp number to spotify.globe.com.ph to get a confirmation code. Unfortunately im not recieving any code. Pl...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to join a family plan with iphone.

I create a family plan with a userid and password. I don't use facebook. My son had spotify free on his iphone via facebook and we can't figure out how to have him join the family plan.

• I create a family plan with a userid and password. I don't use facebook. My son had spotify free on his iphone via facebook and we can't figure out how to have him join the family plan.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Family account

I want to switch to the family premium, but can i login with one email account?Can't make a new account within my account. Is there anyone that i can contact in The Netherlands?

• I want to switch to the family premium, but can i login with one email account? Can't make a new account within my account. Is there anyone that i can contact in The Netherlands?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New Volume Handling iOS

I have a big concern regarding the new volume handling in iOS. Now in Spotify-iOS when Spotify is playing somewhere else (on my Mac for instance) it will still have iOS show playback controls for Spotify which is very nice but here comes a few proble...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a big concern regarding the new volume handling in iOS.   Now in Spotify-iOS when Spotify is playing somewhere else (on my Mac for instance) it will still have iOS show playback co...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't log in

I can't log in to the app !?It keeps saying you have already created an account with this email address. Any idea wat can I do ??

• Casual Listener
  • I can't log in to the app !? It keeps saying you have already created an account with this email address. Any idea wat can I do ??
  • kejt_
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I have to pay twice?

My bank info says that I have payed you guys for this month, but the account still says that I have to pay.. do I have to pay twice? And how do I get a costumer line to call to?And how does that student premium work?

• My bank info says that I have payed you guys for this month, but the account still says that I have to pay.. do I have to pay twice? And how do I get a costumer line to call to? And how does that st...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Extra charge

I am currently a student and have subscribed to premium with the UNIDAYS 50% off but this month has charged me £9.99 instead of £4.99.

• I am currently a student and have subscribed to premium with the UNIDAYS 50% off but this month has charged me £9.99 instead of £4.99.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting On IOS

When I sort playlists by artist on my iPhone, none of the albums appear in track order, but on my desktop, everything is in perfect order. I'm very particular about this stuff. I'd greatly appreciate some help.

• When I sort playlists by artist on my iPhone, none of the albums appear in track order, but on my desktop, everything is in perfect order. I'm very particular about this stuff. I'd greatly appreciate...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify API feature for knowing what user is listening to

I'm curious if there is a spotify API feature that would allow someone like me to create an app based on that?

• Regular
  • I'm curious if there is a spotify API feature that would allow someone like me to create an app based on that?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Download on phone

I just imported music from my computer into spotify on my desktop. When I attempt to download the playlist for offline play on my iphone, it just says "Waiting to download" without ever attempting to download the song(s) I imported to my playlist. My...

• I just imported music from my computer into spotify on my desktop.  When I attempt to download the playlist for offline play on my iphone, it just says "Waiting to download" without ever attempt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Waiting for Download

Hello together!I have an iPhone 6 and the newest Spotify Version. Since two or three days I can't make more of my playlists "offline". If I klick on the button it says "Wartet auf Download/Waiting for Download" and nothing happend. The grey Arrows do...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello together! I have an iPhone 6 and the newest Spotify Version. Since two or three days I can't make more of my playlists "offline". If I klick on the button it says "Wartet auf Download/Waiting ...
  • Oldman73
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Signed up for Premium; iPhone still shows FREE subscription

Looking for help. I signed up for PREMIUM on my laptop, but when I log in to Spotify on my iPhone, it's still only a FREE subscription. What am I failing to do? Thanks! dj

• Visitor
  • Looking for help. I signed up for PREMIUM on my laptop, but when I log in to Spotify on my iPhone, it's still only a FREE subscription. What am I failing to do? Thanks! dj
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify connect not connecting

Ok so this problem has been going on recently for the past couple of days. Whenever i'm playing on my PS4, and I try to connect my phone with spotify connect, all it says is "connecting" and it never connects after a good 10 seconds. I went to my PC ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok so this problem has been going on recently for the past couple of days. Whenever i'm playing on my PS4, and I try to connect my phone with spotify connect, all it says is "connecting" and it never...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

What do you save?

I save all my music to 'Your music' and keep it available offline, and I don't make playlists as I have all my offline music in one place.However, thinking about storage, do you have 'Your music' saved offline or not? Or do you only save playlists of...

• Roadie
  • I save all my music to 'Your music' and keep it available offline, and I don't make playlists as I have all my offline music in one place. However, thinking about storage, do you have 'Your music' s...
  • AdLadz
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Content
    Save Artists
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not Syncing songs from PC to iPhone

Hello, I have recently made a playlist with over 1500 songs on my PC, but when i go to my iphone with the same spotify account, it only shows that i have 400 songs on the playlist? ive tried adding more songs but its still stuck at 400 on my iphone, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have recently made a playlist with over 1500 songs on my PC, but when i go to my iphone with the same spotify account, it only shows that i have 400 songs on the playlist? ive tried adding m...
  • Predatory117
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes