Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove BMW Connected

Solved!

Remove BMW Connected

How do I remove the connection between Spotify and BMW Connected??? I tried to delete the phone from my BMW system and also delete the BMW Connected app from the phone, but when I connect the phone to the car via USB it still thinks it should use BMW Connected app or Spotify goes in to the "Connected mode"! 

I want to get rid of this **bleep** function that doens't support multitasking and MUST be active all the time, I can't f-king use the navigation app on my phone whilst listningen via Spotify/Connected.

Im going back to the old way without BMW Connected.

But how do I unregister it...?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For some reason after I updated iOS to 8.3 I now can go to other apps and even turn off the screen without Spotify exit like before.

Very strange! But of course in a good way, now I can use my Waze navigation AND listen to Spotify at the same time! 🙂

Anyone who knows why? Could it be in Spotify were the bug was or in iOS 8.3...?!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I agree. It's really annoying, specially because you can't "search" spotify through the connectedDrive app. Did people at Spotify really think they are making an improvment by doing this? The only really advantage you get is the song title and artwork gets updated now, which was/is a embarresing issue before connectedDrive app.

I'd also would like to be able to use the native spotify UI. 

the bmw integration is very slow. I often have to click on a playlist multiple times for it to work. also - 99% of the time, I can't see album art.(I have a 2012 5 series).

It would be nice if spotify could fix these UI issues. Apple is about to incorporate Beats streaming into the iphone native music app and I would hate to leave spotify for that.

I have been in contact with BMW Connected and Spotify support and they can't figure out on how to uninstall the Spotify connection at all.

Will now change to WIMP instead.

what's wimp?

It is another music streaming service in Sweden and some other countries, but have LOSSLESS quailty 🙂 

But if you live in USA you have http://www.tidalhifi.com it is more or less the same product.

oh, I've tried Tidal. couldn't justify 20$/month for a very limited selection.

Try Rdio. That's the closest thing to Spotify in the US.

My phone froze my UI to the spotify and BMW logos and then opened iTunes and played music from there so spotify was open and useless while the music in my iTunes played. F this.
Marked as solution

For some reason after I updated iOS to 8.3 I now can go to other apps and even turn off the screen without Spotify exit like before.

Very strange! But of course in a good way, now I can use my Waze navigation AND listen to Spotify at the same time! 🙂

Anyone who knows why? Could it be in Spotify were the bug was or in iOS 8.3...?!

Hi MrDanne

I also updated to iOS 8.3 but still have the BMW interface showing up in my phone. Did you manage to be able to turn this off? And how?

Thanks!

Yes the splash screen will pop up as usual, but when I clicked on the home button Spotify did not exit like it did before. And I could even open other apps whilst playing music.
Did you try this?

Didn't work for me.

And even the Spotify menu doesn't come up on my BMW menu! (X5 2015 with latest software).

Are you serious Spotify making this integration that doesn't really work???

Suggested posts