Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Repeat Function Gone

Solved!

Repeat Function Gone

Hello

The button that once controlled the ability to repeat a playlist, or repeat a single song is gone. Remaining only is the shuffle icon in it's place. I have attached two screenshots. It seems I am not alone amongst users with this issue. Why remove a feature?

Premium Plan, USA, iOS 12.1.2, iPhone X, Spotify Version "We made changes to benefit you! You don't need to worry your head about the changes. Or the version number."

< I had attached photos showing the above. No longer necessary >

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @dsesvak, thanks for writing!

Actually the feature hasn't been removed.

Just click on the three dotted sign on the upper right corner and you'll see it 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @dsesvak, thanks for writing!

Actually the feature hasn't been removed.

Just click on the three dotted sign on the upper right corner and you'll see it 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star

And so it is. Thank you!

You're welcome!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Spotify delirebately hid this feature into a menu and made it very uncovenient to use which really pisses me off.

Theory: Monetization of plays.

Perhaps the Spotify payment structure considers a repeat play to be different from a unique play in terms of disbursement required to label / artist; i.e. the payment model weights by unique songs played regardless of playcount. Definitely sounds like some rule a major label would seek to enforce to grab that extra penny. This could even benefit the artist if the payment model favors unique plays (making the repeat / repeat one button inconvenient probably results in fewer users worldwide who use it, which means more variety of songs played on average), but the fact remains that a feature was changed to make it harder to use.

Functionality is still there, it's just increasing difficult to use. For example, the fact the enabling repeat via the new gear icon menu is then confirmed by hitting the "cancel" button means the the User Experience team at Spotify, the squad that keeps giving us shiny new UI elements, never looked at this.

Thus: sounds like a decision from above, not an improvement inspired by user feedback.

And like that ... the feature appears to have been reinstated, no?

Hey @dsesvak,

Yes it has 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts