Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Sharing playlists to Instagram Stories

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceiPhone 8, 64 GBOperating SystemiOS 12.1.2 (16C101) My Question or Issue Hello Community, since i‘ve tried to share my Spotify Playlists to the Instagram stories 3 months ago it doesn‘t work. I set my Playlist to public...

• ...potify Playlists to the Instagram stories 3 months ago it doesn‘t work. I set my Playlist to public, but i even get the error message „Oops. Sorry we couldn‘t Share to Instagram Stories, try again later....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stream from ipad to ipod

PlanFree/Premium My Question or IssueI wanted to know if there’s a way to stream Spotify from an ipad to ipod connected to the same wi-fi. It would be easier if I don’t have to pick-up my ipod everytime I want to change a song or play Spotify.

• Plan Free/Premium   My Question or Issue I wanted to know if there’s a way to stream Spotify from an ipad to ipod connected to the same wi-fi. It would be easier if I don’t have to pick-up m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify connect - an unknown device is connecting to my Spotify

Plan PremiumCountry GermanyDevice iPhone 7plusOperating System iOS12My Question or Issue Hi there, I am using Spotify on my iPhone7 and I am using "connect" to connect the iPhone to my MacBook to use the MacBook as a remote control. Now I noticed tha...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 7plus Operating System iOS12 My Question or Issue  Hi there, I am using Spotify on my iPhone7 and I am using "connect" to connect the iPhone to my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why doesn't Spotify support .m4a files?

PlanPremiumCountry USA Device(iPhone XS Max)Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or IssueI'm trying to migrate music from my iTunes library on my Mac to my new iPhone and I'm confused why Spotify doesn't allow .m4a files to play when migrated or incl...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  USA   Device (iPhone XS Max) Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue I'm trying to migrate music from my iTunes library on my Mac to my new iP...
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes

Spotify cuts out on Samsung Prime, but works fine on old S6. Same wifi, same games.

See posting. Android OS, new Samsung Prime, old Galaxy S6. Free plan, Canada PlanFreeCountry CanadaDeviceSamsung Prime and S6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Spotify works fine on old S6, even when running other apps, but freezes on the n...

• See posting. Android OS, new Samsung Prime, old Galaxy S6. Free plan, Canada  Plan Free Country  Canada Device Samsung Prime and S6 Operating System Android   My Question or ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify Connect sound randomly cuts out
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Passwort zurücksetzen

Ich habe keinen Zugriff mehr auf mein Konto und weiß weder meinen Benutzernamen noch mein Passwort.über Facebook bin ich nicht mit spotify verbunden.ich möchte wieder Zugriff auf mein kontoPlanPremiumCountry Deutschland (Germany)Device(iPhone 7)Opera...

• Visitor
  • Ich habe keinen Zugriff mehr auf mein Konto und weiß weder meinen Benutzernamen noch mein Passwort. über Facebook bin ich nicht mit spotify verbunden. ich möchte wieder Zugriff auf mein konto Plan...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect – not all devices appear

I have Spotify Premium. For speakers: 2 Chromecast audios and a Google home, all on the same wifi, plus two groups created to allow mulitple speakers to play. Using various iPhones and iPads as remote controls. The issue is that under devices in the ...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify Premium. For speakers: 2 Chromecast audios and a Google home, all on the same wifi, plus two groups created to allow mulitple speakers to play. Using various iPhones and iPads as remot...
  • bookjason
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 7 likes

iOS iPad App Crashes when selecting "Devices Available" list on "Today's Top Hits" Playlist only

PlanPremium-FamilyCountryCanadaDeviceiPad Air 2Operating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueWhen selecting "Devices Available" list the app jitters and then crashes hard. This only seems to happen when I'm playing the Spotify playlist "Today's Top Hi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium-Family Country Canada Device iPad Air 2 Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue When selecting "Devices Available" list the app jitters and then crashes hard. Thi...
  • Flyboycmsu
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

No Spotify on Tinder

There isn't any option to link spotify on my Tinder account. I understand how to do it but for me the option just isn't available. I also can't see other people's anthems or artists. I have a premium account. Could this be related to the fact that I ...

• Casual Listener
  •   There isn't any option to link spotify on my Tinder account. I understand how to do it but for me the option just isn't available. I also can't see other people's anthems or artists. I have a...
  • DJJoshyBeats
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

When searching an artist Spotify stops music currently playing and autoplays music from new artist

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceiPhone and Macbook ProOperating SystemiOS 12.1.2 and macOS Mojave Hi there,when I play music and simultaneously search around the platform for the next track I want to play, Spotify stops the music currently playing and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device iPhone and Macbook Pro Operating System iOS 12.1.2 and macOS Mojave   Hi there, when I play music and simultaneously search around the platform...
  • amunksgaard
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist starts over

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue This is very disturbing! When I listen to my favorite playlist on my Samsung M5 (Spotify connect), then after one song the playlist starts from the beginning. It only h...

•   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  This is very disturbing! When I listen to my favorite playlist on my Samsung M5...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song interrupts already playing music randomly

I had an explaination for this complaint, but it was somehow triggered as innapropiate. So I tried taking a picture but that picture wasn’t allowed either. Here’s what I can get through. The song likes to interrupt my music that I’m already listening...

• ...eature on that song, or something.   The playlist I listen to is called Pathfinder Music, and it is public, made by me.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Settings icon missing on iPhone XR

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 12.1.1My Question or IssueHello,I got the iPhone XR a few days ago and had no problems with the Spotify app until I needed to change something in Settings and the icon is missing. I checked ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 12.1.1 My Question or Issue Hello, I got the iPhone XR a few days ago and had no problems with the Spotify app until I nee...
  • hipsterjanche
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iPhoneXR settings missing
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist stops during the night

My daughter is recovering from a hospital stay and listens to the Yoga and Meditation playlist to sleep. It works very well except the playlist stops during the night. We'd like it to run continuously because she wakes up a few times and it's not pla...

• Casual Listener
  • My daughter is recovering from a hospital stay and listens to the Yoga and Meditation playlist to sleep. It works very well except the playlist stops during the night. We'd like it to run contin...
  • EZ1007
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify thru Apple TV 3

PlanFreeCountry CanadaDevice Operating SystemWindows 8 My Question or Issue Hi, I just signed up for the free preview. I have an Apple TV 3. I know that Apple TV does not have an app for Spotify. However, I understand that I can stream Spotify thru A...

• Plan Free Country  Canada Device   Operating System Windows 8   My Question or Issue   Hi, I just signed up for the free preview. I have an Apple TV 3. I know that Appl...
  • cdshanken
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Using Cellular Data While Connected to WiFi

We do most of our listening on WiFi so cellular data usage is not normally a problem. This month though we're going over our data limit and come to find out, Spotify is still eating up the cellular data even while connected to WiFi. I've tested this ...

• We do most of our listening on WiFi so cellular data usage is not normally a problem. This month though we're going over our data limit and come to find out, Spotify is still eating up the cellular d...
  • Ninjah123
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

haut parleurs

j’aimerais savoir si je peux écouter Spotify sur plusieurs haut-parleurs en même temps.

• j’aimerais savoir si je peux écouter Spotify sur plusieurs haut-parleurs en même temps.  
  • Ninjah123
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Login problems with iphones

Plan FreeCountry AustraliaDevice iPhone 5 and iphone 6Operating System iOS 10 on both My Question or Issue I installed spotify apps on an iphone 5 and an iphone 6 overnight and we have two spotify accounts set up. When I try to login to Spotify on ei...

• Plan   Free Country  Australia Device   iPhone 5  and iphone 6 Operating System   iOS 10 on both   My Question or Issue  I installed spoti...
  • Ninjah123
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SIMILAR ARTISTS in HOME page

Hi guys,Half an hour ago, I have realized for the first time ever that on top the HOME page there is a new section called "SUGGESTED ARTISTS" which are artists similar to the ones I usually listen to. I find this feature to be super cool! However, I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys, Half an hour ago, I have realized for the first time ever that on top the HOME page there is a new section called "SUGGESTED ARTISTS" which are artists similar to the ones I usually&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • related artists
    suggested artists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can’t purchase spotify premium

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceiphone 6sOperating SystemiosMy Question or IssueI can’t purchase spotify premium

• Plan Premium Country  Germany Device iphone 6s Operating System ios My Question or Issue I can’t purchase spotify premium  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes