Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution local files not downloading to ipod/iphone.

PlanFamily PremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone 8, iPod touch Operating Systemios 12.1 My Question or Issue Sick and tired of this! For over a year I've had hundreds of local files greyed out. I own the files (generally downloaded from itunes or ripped from...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Family Premium Country  UK Device iPhone 8, iPod touch   Operating System ios 12.1   My Question or Issue  Sick and tired of this!  For over a year I'...
  • halo2masterq
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Bluetooth + equaliser not working

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12 This issue has been persisting since my iPhone 6S on iOS 11, thought my new phone may fix it but still the same. If I use the equaliser with my AirPods then I’ll get heavy distortion on the ba...

•   Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12   This issue has been persisting since my iPhone 6S on iOS 11, thought my new phone may fix it but still th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with iPhone app after buying Premium

Plan: PremiumCountry: US Device: iPhone 7Operating System: iOS 11.0.2 My Question or Issue I just bought premium, and 2 major things immediately broke:* The landing page for Shazam navigation no longer offers the "Add to playlist" button (phone app)....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: US   Device: iPhone 7 Operating System: iOS 11.0.2   My Question or Issue   I just bought premium, and 2 major things immediately broke: ...
  • orbfish
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify CONSTANTLY forgetting songs

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12.1.3 My Question or IssueI’ve been experiencing this issue for a while now, and it has **bleep** me off so much, that I’ve decided to post here, to know if anyone has the same problem. Spotify ALWAYS for...

• Plan Premium Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12.1.3   My Question or Issue I’ve been experiencing this issue for a while now, and it has **bleep** me off so much, that I’ve decided ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

my account randomly plays music i dont ever click on

Devicebroken iphone 6s i use as an ipod w my hotspot on my iphone 10XR and Mac Book Pro 2017, the problem shows up on all three devicesOperating System(iOS) Issuemy recently played keeps having random albums and artists that ive never even heard of o...

• Casual Listener
  •     Device broken iphone 6s i use as an ipod w my hotspot on my iphone 10XR and Mac Book Pro 2017,       the problem shows up on all three devices Operating System ...
  • cm526
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Need help. Playing one song by artist then going to radio

NEED HELP FROM A ROCKSTAR. Going to cancel my subscription if not resolved. When searching an artist and scrolling down and selecting “see all songs”, it used to play those songs in order. Now, after one song, it goes to the artist’s radio. Had I wan...

• NEED HELP FROM A ROCKSTAR. Going to cancel my subscription if not resolved. When searching an artist and scrolling down and selecting “see all songs”, it used to play those songs in order. Now, after...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Stops Playing When Other Apps in Use

(Iphone 10, US, Free plan, IOS? Not the most recent one)I am having an issue with keeping music playing on my iphone. When I go to browse other apps or put on the lock screen, the music will immedeatly stop playing and cannot be turned back on until ...

•   (Iphone 10, US, Free plan, IOS? Not the most recent one) I am having an issue with keeping music playing on my iphone.  When I go to browse other apps or put on the lock screen, the mus...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS 9.3.5 Not Working

PlanPremiumCountry Device(IPad Mini)Operating System(iOS 9.3.5) My Question or IssueI just cleared my Ipad and in trying to re-download spotify, the app will not download because the IPad does not have IOS 10. This is the latest version for this IOS ...

• Plan Premium Country   Device (IPad Mini) Operating System (iOS 9.3.5)   My Question or Issue I just cleared my Ipad and in trying to re-download spotify, the app will not downloa...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

transfer music to (old) ipod without app

I have just gotten the Spotify Premium plan and would now like to transfer my music from Spotify (on my computer) to my ipod touch. The ipod is rather old so installing the app on it is not an option. I heard that there is a way to transfer (download...

• I have just gotten the Spotify Premium plan and would now like to transfer my music from Spotify (on my computer) to my ipod touch. The ipod is rather old so installing the app on it is not an option...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant download local file from mac to iphone

Mac HighSierra latestios12.1Spotify latestI have a bunch of local files that I drop in a folder and set spotify to read. I drag them to a playlist, then select the downloaded button and they all show as downloaded. I open spotify on my iphone, see th...

• Music Fan
  • Mac HighSierra latest ios12.1 Spotify latest I have a bunch of local files that I drop in a folder and set spotify to read.  I drag them to a playlist, then select the downloaded button and...
  • lindytunes1
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All songs on local files doesn't download on my iphone

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceiphone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.1.2 My Question or Issue I got 61 songs on local files on my computer(Windows 10) So i wanna download all the songs to my mobile but it only download like half of the songs (about 30-35, w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device iphone 7 Operating System iOS 12.1.2   My Question or Issue  I got 61 songs on local files on my computer(Windows 10) So i wanna download ...
  • mediocrites
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

FIX: Spotify starts playing a new song when I'm just scrolling, not tapping!

A song should start playing when you TAP on it, not scroll past it. But with recent updates, the iOS app is a little too sensitive, and a song will start playing if you do a "short scroll" - that is, pressing on a song, scrolling slightly, and releas...

• Casual Listener
  • A song should start playing when you TAP on it, not scroll past it.  But with recent updates, the iOS app is a little too sensitive, and a song will start playing if you do a "short scroll" - th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Equalizer does not respond in iOS app

Hello, I am a premium subscriber. I have an iPhone 8, current iOS. The EQ in Spotify does nothing. First, it was stuck in what I think was “bass” mode. Choosing any of the other settings did nothing. Nor could I turn off the EQ. I looked at my iPhone...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I am a premium subscriber.    I have an iPhone 8, current iOS. The EQ in Spotify does nothing. First, it was stuck in what I think was “bass” mode. Choosing any of the oth...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

PLAYLIST not available on ios

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDevice(iPhone 8, Operating System(iOS 10,) My Question or Issue I created some personal playlist on my mac. They have many songs (more than 50 in each). When I look at them on the iphone, it says that I have the correct numbe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  France Device (iPhone 8,  Operating System (iOS 10,)   My Question or Issue  I created some personal playlist on my mac. They have many songs (more...
  • bmw789
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Shuffling to songs not in the playlist

I don't have premium and I'm not going to purchase it till this problem is fixed. Basically, when i shuffle a playlist, it'll play songs not in the playlist. It'll even play songs I've never heard of. However, it always plays a song from the same art...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't have premium and I'm not going to purchase it till this problem is fixed. Basically, when i shuffle a playlist, it'll play songs not in the playlist. It'll even play songs I've never heard of...
  • 110 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 110 replies
  • 17 likes

Search Results

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12My Question or IssueWhen ever i search for a song/artist/podcast etc. It doesn’t come up in the way it used to, it’ll bunch everything together. If this is a new update I do not like it or if t...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12 My Question or Issue When ever i search for a song/artist/podcast etc. It doesn’t come up in the way it used to, it’ll b...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App uses wrong language

PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDeviceiPad 2018Operating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue Just got a new iPad for Christmas. But when I install Spotify app, the app is in German, although the iPad is set up in Norwegian... how in the world is this possible...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Norway Device iPad 2018 Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  Just got a new iPad for Christmas. But when I install Spotify app, the app is in...
  • eliwest
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching tool in playlists only putting certain songs

PlanPremiumCountryMéxicoDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI really hope you can fix this please. When I search for a certain aong or artist in any playlist and click it to play it it only plays that song and other songs th...

• Plan Premium Country México Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I really hope you can fix this please. When I search for a certain aong or artist in any...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

local files still won't sync between desktop and iPhone

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceWindows Laptop > iPhone XR Operating SystemWindows 10 to iOS 12.1.1 (I won't update until they fix that cell issue) My Question or IssueI had several local songs on my computer that I was able to play on my iPhone for year...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Windows Laptop > iPhone XR  Operating System Windows 10 to iOS 12.1.1 (I won't update until they fix that cell issue)   My Question or Issu...
  • Yakovcz
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes