Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

I'm a Premium user and I can't find the readio option I have version 8.4.79.933

I'm a Premium user and I can't find the readio option I have version 8.4.79.933 on iPhone 6s Plus----------------------------PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(iPhone 6s Plus)Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or Issue Where is the radio option? after up...

• I'm a Premium user and I can't find the readio option I have version 8.4.79.933 on iPhone 6s Plus ---------------------------- Plan Premium Country  USA Device (iPhone 6s Plus) Operating...
  • darkns
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone XOperating System(iOS 11) My Question or Issue I can't sync my local files from my laptop to my iPhone. I know there are a million things on this about the local files already but none of them help. I have disabled ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone X Operating System (iOS 11)     My Question or Issue  I can't sync my local files from my laptop to my iPhone. I know th...
  • nilscarson
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    local files
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Apple Watch app

The new Apple Watch Spotify app is driving me crazy while I’m driving. The volume keeps changing constantly as my arm or sleeves touch the watch dial constantly making volume changes. Is there a way to disable the volume control from the knob of my w...

• Casual Listener
  • The new Apple Watch Spotify app is driving me crazy while I’m driving. The volume keeps changing constantly as my arm or sleeves touch the watch dial constantly making volume changes. Is there a way ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ipod Touch 5th Generation

Hi, The system requirements page states that the 5th Generation Ipod Touch is supported, however iOS 10 is also required. From what I now understand after trying to install Spotify, iOS 10 cannot be installed on the 5th gen Ipod Touch. I bought a 2nd...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    The system requirements page states that the 5th Generation Ipod Touch is supported, however iOS 10 is also required.    From what I now understand after trying to inst...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

is it a fluke iPod Touch 9.3.5 has Spotify app installed?

iPod Touch iOS 9.3.5Spotify Premium I have been reading Spotify doesn't support this iOS version, which is not updated any more, and that others can't download it. How was I able to? What features am I missing by not being able to update?

• Roadie
  •     iPod Touch iOS 9.3.5 Spotify Premium   I have been reading Spotify doesn't support this iOS version, which is not updated any more, and that others can't download it. How was ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

IPOD v.9.3.5 - can't download the Spotify App

I have just purchased Premium Spotify for my family but cant get the Spotify App to download for my daughters IPOD Touch. It's at the latest IOS version of 9.3.5 and accordingy to the Spotify site this is acceptable for downloading the App.... But I ...

• I have just purchased Premium Spotify for my family but cant get the Spotify App to download for my daughters IPOD Touch. It's at the latest IOS version of 9.3.5 and accordingy to the Spotify site th...
  • Theothistle
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Apple Watch App not appearing

I have all the minimum required app levels and OS levels on both my iPhone and Watch.... However no matter what I do the app isn't showing up on my Apple Watch 4. I've tried reinstalling Spotify and resyncing apps but nothing. Any ideas? See attachme...

• Casual Listener
  • I have all the minimum required app levels and OS levels on both my iPhone and Watch.... However no matter what I do the app isn't showing up on my Apple Watch 4. I've tried reinstalling Spotify and ...
  • williamjaywhale
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle not working in Car

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueThere was a previous topic on this issue from last year, of which I was affected as well: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Shuffle-and-Repeat-not-wo...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue There was a previous topic on this issue from last year, of which I was aff...
  • GahDuma
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify only shuffling small portion of large playlists

PlanpremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 7ios 12 My Question or Issuewhen shuffling a long playlist, spotifybisnonly gradsing 100 or so songs rather than shuffling the entire list. This first started happening several days ago, before that it would shuffle...

• Plan premium Country USA Device (iPhone 7 ios 12   My Question or Issue when shuffling a long playlist, spotifybisnonly gradsing 100 or so songs rather than shuffling the entire list. T...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Issue with Homepod

PlanPremiumCountry AustriaDeviceIPhone 8+Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue When I select HomePod as Airplay Device I loose the Connection after few Tracks. When I try to re-connect it fails often. I need to restart Spotify or reconnect with...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Austria Device IPhone 8+ Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  When I select HomePod as Airplay Device I loose the Connection after few Tracks...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Time indicators disapears after a couple of secunds, using the app for iPhone.

Time indicators disapears after a couple of secunds, using the app for iPhone. Is there a way to keep them all the time?

• Regular
  • Time indicators disapears after a couple of secunds, using the app for iPhone. Is there a way to keep them all the time?
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Timer Countdown
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

SM-A300FU

PlanPremiumCountry SingaporeDevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I’ve been getting interrupted with this pop up! I tried to change password, log out all devices but nothing works! And it even re...

3A7D32D5-C2D9-4EB4-A2FE-CD275AA6421E.png
  •     Plan Premium Country  Singapore Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   I’ve been getting ...
  • Agustin6
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS beta Apple Watch with cellular

Will there be a stand alone app for the Apple Watch? With the ability to stream music, not just play offline lists?Like Apple Music, it syncs the playlist and can play them without the phone nereby.

• Casual Listener
  • Will there be a stand alone app for the Apple Watch? With the ability to stream music, not just play offline lists? Like Apple Music, it syncs the playlist and can play them without the phone nereby...
  • elRedeo
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Apple Watch
    Beta
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Radio function is missing

I was coming to report issues with no longer having access to the Daily Mix, which it seems many people have also had, but now the problem is that there is no longer a "radio" on my iPhone Spotify app. The only choices along the bottom of the screen ...

• Casual Listener
  • I was coming to report issues with no longer having access to the Daily Mix, which it seems many people have also had, but now the problem is that there is no longer a "radio" on my iPhone Spotify ap...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Try linking facebook but nothing happens

Hi there. I recently started using Spotify again as it launched where I live. Recovered my password, signed in (Spotify app on iOS) setup premium and all good so far. I searched for posts with similar issues but didn’t find my exact problem. Problem ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there. I recently started using Spotify again as it launched where I live. Recovered my password, signed in (Spotify app on iOS) setup premium and all good so far.   I searched for posts wi...
  • mbgaz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs stop playing after :10

I’m trying to teach a 7 AM yoga class with my Spotify playlist but none of the songs on ANY of my playlists will play passed 10 seconds so I have to teach class this without any music and that is extremely frustrating. Is happening with everyone or i...

• I’m trying to teach a 7 AM yoga class with my Spotify playlist but none of the songs on ANY of my playlists will play passed 10 seconds so I have to teach class this without any music and that is ext...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lagging

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceIphone 7Operating SystemIOS 12.1 My Question or Issue My device has the latest software update and the latest version of the app. But it lags when i try to use the app or switch songs. It does it all the time. Wh...

• Plan Premium Country  United States Device Iphone 7 Operating System IOS 12.1   My Question or Issue  My device has the latest software update and  the latest version of...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nowhere to login on my iphone app

I had to reboot my iphone 10(iOS 12.1) from scratch and re download all my apps. When I open up Spotify, it automatically puts me into a random username with a bunch of numbers (not the same as my account). I have Premium and am able to log in on the...

• Casual Listener
  • I had to reboot my iphone 10(iOS 12.1) from scratch and re download all my apps. When I open up Spotify, it automatically puts me into a random username with a bunch of numbers (not the same as my ac...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Apple Watch App Bugs

PlanPremiumCountry United States DeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or Issue So recently I have gotten the new Spotify update that introduces the Apple Watch app. I installed it and it works decently. The app is very buggy. It doesn’...

• Gig Goer
  •   Plan Premium Country  United States  Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue  So recently I have gotten the new Spotify update that in...
  • ardacebi
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Artist list keeps disappearing

No problems with Spotify for 6 months until recently when I open the app my saved list of artists is drastically reduced. I have tried deleting cache and restarting the app but this doesn’t work. The only fix is to delete and reinstall, surely I shou...

• No problems with Spotify for 6 months until recently when I open the app my saved list of artists is drastically reduced. I have tried deleting cache and restarting the app but this doesn’t work. The...
  • randich
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes