Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Report your crashing spotify iphone app here

Solved!

Report your crashing spotify iphone app here

This thread is an attempt to capture how many people are experiencing problems with the spotify iphone app.

If you are experiencing regular crashing problems with the iphone spotify app, please write which iphone model you have, which IOS and which version of spotify you are running and finally if your iphone is jailbroken. Also include approximatly  how often the crashes occur per playing time

Please only post once to this thread so its easy to count the number of people having this problem.

In some respects, this is like a petition. 

My details:

IPHONE MODEL: 3GS

IOS 5.1

SPOTIFY VERSION: 0.5.2.374

APPROX CRASH FREQUENCY: Every 40 mins of playing time

JAILBROKEN: YES

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

Iphone app crashes every time I start it

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Downloaded latest version of Spotify app for Iphone on wednesday the 7th of November
2. Prompted to log in using Spotify or Facebook details.

3. App hangs then crashes.

3. Closed app in taskbar. Same problems when launching.

4. Switched off phone. Same problem when launching.

What I expected to happen

Expected the app's main screen to load, filling the available space on the iPhone 5 screen.

What actually happened

App crashes after attempts to log in, before showing the main screen.

My iPad/iPhone model

Iphone 5

Device’s Operating System

6.0.1 10A525

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

200+

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.8.5.1333.g822e0de8

My provider and country

3 UK

My username

Community: edcox

Iphone app: edcox

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This thread was for a previous crashing issue.

Please post about current crashing issues here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/iOS-update-0-5-8-crashes-constantly-on-i...

The latest Spotify version 0.5.8 has created a crashing problem. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

Have you guys tried a clean reinstallation at all?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

129 Replies

I just downloaded the app for IPad first gen. Would run for about 5 minutes and then crash. Closed all other apps and still crashed. Running IOS 5.1. Not a very good first impression.

Ipod touch app crashes (playback stutters, stops, app exits) every time after a few minutes.  Some tracks I listen to a lot crash after almost exactly 2 minutes whereas another track I'd only listened to once before crashed after about 6 minutes.  Was woking fine until about a month or two ago?

Now looking for an alternative - no problems with Rdio free trial - solid as a rock - am thinking of cancelling Spotify in favour of Rdio if not fixed in couple of weeks when my next payment due.

Spotify IOS 4 version 0.4.26.1.g01466bb9 (0.6.4.67.gb68aa7e5 (grayed-out))

Ipod Touch 2nd Gen

IOS 4.2.1

ISP BTinternet (c.20MBps download speed)

IPHONE MODEL: 3GS

IOS 4.2.1

SPOTIFY VERSION: Could  not find

APPROX CRASH FREQUENCY: Every 3-5 songs

Hi, I seem to crash every time I listen to a song... I could previously fix this by enabling "private mode", but that doesn't seem to work anymore -.-

I'm running Spotify IOS 4 version on an IPhone 3G (no longer receives updates from apple so, I'm saving for the IPhone 5)

If these problems aren't fixed by the time IP5 comes out then I'll most likely be saying goodbye to spotify (-.-) and move over to WIMP or something like that...

Crashes about every 40 minutes. iPhone 3GS, everything updated & current. I've tried everything...delete re-install from iTunes, delete app in iTunes then downloaded app all over again...It's happened since I first got Premium several months ago and it's frustrating almost to the point where I want to cancel service. I would definitely have already done so if I didn't enjoy it so much on my computer. Doesn't matter. I'm paying for this, too, and it needs to be addressed. Conflicting with other apps I have installed? Is that even possible? Anything, just want it fixed.

My spotify app crashes after about 2 or 3 songs or so. Running iOS 5.1.1 on a 3GS

3GS, IOS 4

crashes every 3 to 10 minutes, sometimes takes down the whole os, too.

Killing other processes or reinstalling doesn't help...

Try setting crossfade to 0, turn off gapless playback & set stream to "High". I was having the same crashing problems until a mod here suggested this and have had no problems since. Of course you'll have to give up crossfading and gapless playback, and that sucks, but if that doesn't bother you you should be good to go.

Crashes every session I use the radio app. Sometimes I can use it for a couple hours, other times 15 minutes or so.

Iphone 4S

IOS 5.1.1

Spotify 0.5.5.23.g3ea51c3a

I get annoying crashes on myiPhone where the whole OS goes down. I get the spinning shutdown wheel which is also frozen, and I have to force reboot the phone. Plenty of charge, good signal, etc.

4S 32 GB

IOS 5.1.1

Spotify app version 0.5.5.23.g3ea51c3a

Sporify core 0.8.2.1391.g2d517ad4

Crashes after maybe 45 minutes

iPhone 3GS

IOS 4.1

Jailbroken: Yes

Approx. crash frequency: once per hour of listening

3 gen iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1. latest speotify client, crashing when streaming every 10-15 minutes. Setting playback quality to HIGH, gapless playback disabled, and crossfade to 0 sec does NOT help.

This is probably  the worst spotify bug during my spotify customership of ~2 years. Come on spotify serously... I can maybe overlook the fact that local file sync does not work but paying 10 Eur/month for something that crashes every 10 minutes or so when used in the very core way it was intended to be used (streaming music) is just not acceptable. My customership will end next month if this is not fixed by then.

Iphone 3gs Ios 5.1.1 Spotify version 0.5.6 Jailbroken: No (but if it is, I would not make this public) Frequency - difficult to say -apparently it happens more with certain music ( ie deus - following sea) i'm using spotify with airplay. This might be related. francis

wirre wrote:

> 3 gen iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1. latest speotify client,

> crashing when streaming every 10-15 minutes.

Exactly the same here!!

Hello my spotify also crashes frequently. Most of the time 2-4 seconds after i lock the phone. Both with and without charger in. Also after restart and with no other apps running. I have had the same problem for a few months. Also with IOS 5. 

iPhone 4

IOS 6,0

Jailbroken: No

Approx. crash frequency: once per half hour of listening

Crossfade: Yes

I was using 3G when it crashed.

Spotify: 0,5,6,19,gaec439b7

Spotify core: 0,8,2,1400,gc9731fe6

Freezes on  opening. Then disappears. iOS6. spotify app downloaded today. Tried a month ago and gave up after email support. Assume it doesn't work and forget about it.

IPHONE MODEL: 5

IOS 6.0.1

SPOTIFY VERSION: 0.5.8.73

APPROX CRASH FREQUENCY: always

JAILBROKEN: NO

Spotify crashes when I am in the playlist menu and scroll down. It happens every time.

Tried reinstallation of the app. Tried restarting iPhone. Nothing works. It still happens.

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

Iphone app crashes every time I start it

1. Downloaded latest version of Spotify app for Iphone on wednesday the 7th of November
2. problem immediately introduced. App crashes every time I start the app.

3. Removed app and reinstalled

4. Same problems reoccur

Well, I expect it not to crash as it has been working since I became a app user a year ago. Nothing has changed in my playlists compared to the minutes before I upgraded to a new Spotify version

What actually happened

It crashes

My iPad/iPhone model

Iphone 4

6.0.1 10A523

No

A lot but that has not ever been a problem.

I have now tried to rearrange everything into 1 single music folder including app. 200+ playlists

Again...before upgrading this was not a problem

My mobile Spotify version

Can´t tell. Spotify crashes. What was downloadable at the evening of 7th of November

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

N/A

My provider and country

Telenor Sweden

My username

Community: pegun

Iphone app: PerSilke

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

Well, imagine an Iphone screenshoot where you expect a Spotify app that isn´t there anymore.

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

Iphone app crashes every time I start it and i scroll throught playlist

2. problem immediately introduced. App crashes every time I start the app.

3. Removed app and reinstalled, twice

4. Same problems reoccur

Well, I expect it not to crash as it has been working since I became a app user. Nothing has changed in my playlists compared to the minutes before I upgraded to a new Spotify version

What actually happened

It crashes when i scroll throught my playlist [ more than 1000 playlists ]

My iPad/iPhone model

Iphone 4

No

More than 1000

My mobile Spotify version (Core)

0.5.8.73 (0.7.1.6113) 

Country

France

My username

Iphone app: Nexuss

Suggested posts