Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify crashes when when I turn on Airplay

I'm having issues with Airplay since I updated to version 1.4. If I have been using the app for a while and then I decide to turn on Airplay, the app crashes. However, if I reopen the app and turning on Airplay is the first thing I do, it works fine....

• Visitor
  • I'm having issues with Airplay since I updated to version 1.4. If I have been using the app for a while and then I decide to turn on Airplay, the app crashes. However, if I reopen the app and turning...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The search panel stop responding after add a song to a playlist

When i search for a song i can play it, but if i add it to a playlist i can no longer choose another one anymore. The panel with the results is frozen, even if I search a new song, the results appears, but it,s impossible to select any of the found s...

• Casual Listener
  • When i search for a song i can play it, but if i add it to a playlist i can no longer choose another one anymore. The panel with the results is frozen, even if I search a new song, the results appear...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to send Message on Spotify

sorry guys, i'm new...anybody of you knows why when i try to send a message on the left of the main screen of spotify tutorial says that is not possible to send it? What's tutorial?? Why can't i sende my messages? Thank you in advance

• Visitor
  • sorry guys, i'm new...anybody of you knows why when i try to send a message on the left of the main screen of spotify tutorial says that is not possible to send it? What's tutorial?? Why can't ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify just synchronize my local files

Spotify just synchronizes on ipod the playlist musics that i already have downloaded on itunes. How can i synchronize new musics on my ipod that i just have on spotify ?

• Spotify just synchronizes on ipod the playlist musics that i already have downloaded on itunes. How can i synchronize new musics on my ipod that i just ha...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad new artist page - bio should be at the top!

Loving the new album list in release date order with dates listed - but - why do I have to scroll right down to the bottom of the page for the artist bio? Isn't this the artist page so shouldn't the artist bio be right at the top?

• Community Legend
  • Loving the new album list in release date order with dates listed - but - why do I have to scroll right down to the bottom of the page for the artist bio? Isn't this the artist page so shouldn't the ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

為什麼iPad不能像iPhone一樣可以聽“我的音樂” (Why isn't there My Music on the iPad just like the iPhone)

為什麼iPad不能像iPhone一樣可以聽“我的音樂” 在iPhone上可以選擇 音樂 然後有 我的音樂 可以選 而到iPad上面,只有 音樂清單 可以選擇 我平常都只習慣把音樂都放在 我的音樂 裡,這樣要聽很不方便 EDIT by @jeremygoh: I edited the title for English clarifications.

• 為什麼iPad不能像iPhone一樣可以聽“我的音樂”   在iPhone上可以選擇 音樂 然後有 我的音樂 可以選 而到iPad上面,只有 音樂清單 可以選擇   我平常都只習慣把音樂都放在 我的音樂 裡,這樣要聽很不方便   EDIT by @jeremygoh: I edited the title for English clar...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Won't Play Certain Songs

This is a problem for both iOS7 [iPhone 5c] and the Apple OS X [Macbook].My girlfriend, a Spotify Premium user, recently upgraded from an iPhone 4 to the 5c in late October.. After she transferred all of the data and synced her new device, Spotifly w...

• Casual Listener
  • This is a problem for both iOS7 [iPhone 5c] and the Apple OS X [Macbook]. My girlfriend, a Spotify Premium user, recently upgraded from an iPhone 4 to the 5c in late October..  After she tran...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't sync offline tracks even after upgrade/reinstall/deletion etc

I've spent days trying every single solution I can find online and I STILL can't sync offline tracks. I've got over 2 GB of space on my iphone, I've done a full reset of my phone and reinstalled every single app, I've tried every trick I could find l...

• Music Fan
  • I've spent days trying every single solution I can find online and I STILL can't sync offline tracks.  I've got over 2 GB of space on my iphone, I've done a full reset of my phone and reinstalle...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect won't recognise other devices on my network

I have a premium account, with the Spotify app installed on my iPhone5, and the Spotify program running on my Windows7 PC.The PC will recognise my iPhone as another device, and allow sync, but the connect feature on the iPhone app won't see the PC an...

• I have a premium account, with the Spotify app installed on my iPhone5, and the Spotify program running on my Windows7 PC. The PC will recognise my iPhone as another device, and allow sync, but the ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    iphone
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad Version of Spotify & Menu line on IPAD Air

Why can't I see the menu line ( File Edit View Playback Help) on my IPAD? The included functions available on my laptod are very useful. Like "Cut" and "Paste" and "Create a new Folder". Anyone knows ?

• Casual Listener
  • Why can't I see the menu line ( File Edit View Playback Help) on my IPAD? The included functions available on my laptod are very useful. Like "Cut" and "Paste" and "Create a new Folder". &...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer

I like the new option for the equalizer feature. However, I've noticed when messing with the lows (bass) on some songs, I get a lot of static. No, I'm not turning it all the way up, it just seems to me that (in my opinion) either it doesn't provide e...

• I like the new option for the equalizer feature. However, I've noticed when messing with the lows (bass) on some songs, I get a lot of static. No, I'm not turning it all the way up, it just seems to ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect

on my Ipone 5s I press that icon that says spotify connect, i can't find my computer on that screen, im logged on at the same network and same Spotify account.. any ideas? Please Help!

• Regular
  • on my Ipone 5s I press that icon that says spotify connect, i can't find my computer on that screen, im logged on at the same network and same Spotify account.. any ideas? Please Help!
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone start shuffle without doing anything

Anyone who knows what to do if Spotify on an iPhone doesn't stop shuffle even if the shuffle button isn't on. I got a premium account and it happens when I don't even push any buttons on the phone (like under a workout). So in the middle of a song it...

• Anyone who knows what to do if Spotify on an iPhone doesn't stop shuffle even if the shuffle button isn't on. I got a premium account and it happens when I don't even push any buttons on the phone (l...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Laden von Covern deaktivieren

Hallo. Ist es möglich, dass die App nicht immer die Cover und ähnliches mitlädt. Bei der Telekom ist in der Spotify-Flat das Musik hören im Volumen inklusive, das laden der Cover allerdings nicht. Kann man deaktivieren, dass diese immer mitgeladen we...

• Hallo.   Ist es möglich, dass die App nicht immer die Cover und ähnliches mitlädt. Bei der Telekom ist in der Spotify-Flat das Musik hören im Volumen inklusive, das laden der Cover allerding...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

when i go offline the songs i downloaded wont play i dont understand??

ok so i save the song like how you should. but when i go offline it doesnt save! there's an arrow below it and it should go green when its downloaded but i dont know how :(( it worked fine from the start and now it doesnt. im on premium 7 days , on m...

• ok so i save the song like how you should. but when i go offline it doesnt save! there's an arrow below it and it should go green when its downloaded but i dont know how :(( it worked fine from the s...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Update of iPad App - "my music" etc. missing

Hey Spotify, I just want to ask you, there was an update for Android and also the Apple iPhones, of the App - with this new feature to save Artists or Songs or even Albums - not as earlier when you only had the possibility to save something as playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Spotify,   I just want to ask you, there was an update for Android and also the Apple iPhones, of the App - with this new feature to save Artists or Songs or even Albums - not as ea...
  • Jong1
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! iPod Touch - Not loading any of my playlist or songs, it's all empty.

Hello, this is my first time posting in the forums so I hope I do this right and give enough info. Thanks. Description My iPod touch app is not working, I can log in but it's not loading anything after new update. It's like the app in not recognising...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, this is my first time posting in the forums so I hope I do this right and give enough info. Thanks.   Description My iPod touch app is not working, I can log in but it's not loading...
  • Tazular
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS app pauses music when switch to safari

Running iOS5 on iPhone 4s. All updates applied.When playing music in the app (offline mode), if I switch to safari, the music fades to pause. Does not do this on other apps.Tried shutting down Spotify and relaunching, no effect.Thoughts?

• Running iOS5 on iPhone 4s. All updates applied. When playing music in the app (offline mode), if I switch to safari, the music fades to pause. Does not do this on other apps. Tried shutting dow...
  • Tuffers-1875
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline synching not working

HiI am a very new user and to begin with had no problem with making music available offline. However in last couple of days the synching has stopped and I now only have 3 playlists available offline. I have tried switching all 'available offline' off...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I am a very new user and to begin with had no problem with making music available offline. However in last couple of days the synching has stopped and I now only have 3 playlists available offlin...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • offline mode
    offline playlists
    Offline playlists unavailable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does Spotify prefer sync'd tracks over streaming even when connected to a network?

Disclaimer: I am posting here because I use the iOS version of Spotify and it didn't seem like there was a general FAQ forum. So I am curious. I don't let Spotify use my cellular network so that I can keep my data down. Instead I simply sync my favou...

• Music Fan
  • Disclaimer: I am posting here because I use the iOS version of Spotify and it didn't seem like there was a general FAQ forum.   So I am curious. I don't let Spotify use my cellular network s...
  • DanHazard
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes