Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Revert new update

Revert new update

The most recent Spotify app update is the worst major app update I have ever seen in my life. It guts the app. You've removed or made worse literally every feature I used to navigate my library. Please just change it back. I don't want to hear any**bleep** about providing feedback and waiting for changes. This is my feedback: there is nothing good at all about the new library and you need to immediately revert to the previous version of the app. I'm gonna give it a couple weeks to let you make this decision; if you don't listen to your users (and I'm sure you won't) I'm switching to Apple Music. 

This is awful. 

11 Replies

I couldn't agree more. I don't know who decided that a list of every single sogn I won with no easy alphabet on the side for easy access would be a good choice, or just the plain idea that I'd known every single song title for all 4,000 of my songs. Not only is that garbage but since the update I have been unable to find the vast majority of my music. I mostly use the albums tab and whole albums have straight up just dissapeared. I get that spotify wants to get into podcasts but there was nothing wrong with the old format. If this update doesn't get changed by the end of the moth I'm canceling my premium and moving over to apple music. I've sed spotify for four years and never had any problems until this update and the previous album update. It's annoying and tedious but I'd rather find all my music on apple music again than try to find my music in the**bleep** that is this update

Yep, i think the company is run by trolls out to make people mad. Because there is no reason for this update.. it just made finding my music harder. Killer Bee is an artist name.... it lists it under "B"... there is no quick scroll function on albums... artists are not an any order i can comprehend. It says use the filter... hit that use by artists... still not in alphabetical order.. wth is happening.

Why spotify why would you do this to me? did i not pay you enough money? 

Hey everyone and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here why.

However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

No thanks. I'm not asking them to fix one of their dozens of mistakes, I'm asking them to revert the entire idiotic change. Don't make them think they only got one thing wrong. They ruined the app and they need to go back; if they don't, take your business elsewhere. 

E: this is meant to be a reply to the completely useless comment above 

@Wickawicka Here is a link to a vote to bring back the old UI. It has been going since Febuaray which is close to when they started to roll out this terrible UI.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idc-p/4772473#M...

This 'update'  yesterday was a very poor one to say the least.  I concur with the posts in this thread. Particularly as  the recent music list is gone and that is where I lived. 

Most people will not go through the hassle to register with the 'community' to give feedback.  I completely divorced myself from Apple a few years back when they changed their iTunes and completely cocked up my music  as well not allowing me to put the hundreds of CDs I owned into my iPod.  I have never owned an Apple device after that.  I am the consumer with the cash.  They are not God merely a provider of a service.

Now Spotify, which I have used everyday for years, is heading down the same road.  I pay for the app every month but that may soon change.  I think the only way they will change the 'my way or the highway' approach, is to see a loss of revenue but for many it will be too late and Spotify will have lost those customers forever.

I have debated on this a while anyway as it might be better for the artists to buy their material, rip it, and use a third party app to play high quality files.  That way I am not reliant on gourp on people that change for the sake of change.

Please give us the chance to revert this back to the old app. 

I had to edit this as negative feedback is only perhaps helpful.  They could do an update that would allow you to change heading names and move your desired  music into them e.g. Walking, Workout, Meditation, Praise, Road Trip, etc.  Now that would be a useful update.  Or just give me back my recent and that would be nice.  

My main complaint (iOS update version 8.5.7.601) is under "Artist" they removed the quick scroll alphabet to search by the first letter of the artist.  I don't see any way to enable this feature in filters or any preferences.  This happened a number of months ago but they brought it back, only to remove it again! I follow hundreds of artists and it takes forever to scroll through to the bottom.  Especially hard to use if you're driving.  

PLEASE BRING BACK THE SCROLL SEARCH BY ARTIST!!

I agree. That is awful. Please, revert all new updates!!! 

Yes. I agree as well. with almost everything everyone is saying. I've loved spotify and having premium, until this update. The "liked song"s categorization is horrible, and takes away nearly all the small things that keep me using Spotify. The ease of searching songs, gone. Also, getting to look up and play MY SAVED SONGS by a particular artist, gone. Now I have to scroll through hundreds of songs if I don't remember the name, or search by name and get an annoying loop of all the songs spelled similarly. Also, now if I want to listen to a specific artist as a playlist, i have to play through every song they have rather than only the one's i've personally favorited. I'm really sick of it. It may be small things, but they take away my enjoyment from this app, and if it's not fixed I'll have no reason not to cancel and use my money towards apple. I'd rather stay with Spotify, but it's not worth it if these changes don't go away.

I agree with the original post that you need to change it back to the original layout immediately Pandora changed their layout 7 years ago when I haven't used them sense I will drop you and boycott you Spotify just as quickly

Spot on mate, plus why bother having an app installed on a desktop when it wants to use a web browser to log you into the app, so we might as well uninstall the app altogether and use our web browsers. Such a dumb ass step to add in!

Suggested posts