Rewind / Fast Forward Issue in Car

Rewind / Fast Forward Issue in Car

Free/Premium - Premium

Country - UK

Device - iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System - iOS 13.2

My Question or Issue

Hi all,

Apologies if this query has already been raised and answered, but I couldn't find anything on the Forum.

I regularly listen to Spotify in my car (VW Golf) via a Bluetooth connection. I've recently found that when I rewind / fast forward a track via the control panels on the steering wheel, the track will rewind / fast forward 40 seconds, rather than the usual 10.

This issue never occurred in my old car (older VW Golf) and I've looked through all the settings on the cars' touchscreen but to no avail, so I don't know if this is a Spotify App issue?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the issue still persists.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

10 Replies

Hello, I am also experiencing this issue and its really annoying.

I have a SEAT Leon and have the exact problem. Try to fast forward a few seconds and it skips a good 30 /40 seconds. It is definitely an issue with the Spotify app because I have tried the Apple Music app and it works fine.. want to stick with Spotify as my playlists are already set up.

Anyone know how to solve?

I have this problem with my 2018 Seat Leon, has there been any progress with this issue?

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Does the same happen when using another connection method besides Bluetooth (e.g. cable)? 

In any case, we recommend that you unpair and forget the car from the phone and run a clean reinstall of the app. That way next time you link them the connection will be built anew.

On another note - do the time intervals change, or are they constantly 40 seconds?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi

It works fine when I use a cable e.g on Apple car play, It also works fine in other cars than the VW/SEAT brand. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app however it doesn't do anything. 

When it skips its when you hold down the fast forward button and even if you let go straight away it'll always skip to about 30-40 seconds.

My car in case you need is a SEAT LEON 2018, but it also does the same in my friends VW Polo 2017

Hey @AdamRi95,

Thanks for getting back to us with the requested info.

Apologies for the confusion, but it seems we've looked into this in the past, including an issue with how podcast controls are being handled with CarPlay and AndroidAuto. It does seem that different infotainment systems translate the commands differently. Regrettably, there isn't much that we can do on our end due to the myriad of different car media systems out there.

We are however following all Bluetooth, CarPlay and Android Auto specification and communication guidelines and are continuously optimizing all code on our end. We're afraid that we don't have a timeframe for a fix, but recommend that you keep updated to the latest version in order to make use of all improvements and fixes, as soon as they're available. 

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator

Yes. I’m having similar issues with corded earbuds. 
If I’m playing a podcast while biking and screen is locked, when I try to jump back 15 seconds (ie hitting the button once) it will go back WELL MORE than 15 seconds. Many times it will jump back to the section where I continued earlier from my previous stopping point. 

EX: if I listened to just one hour of a 3-hour long podcast yesterday and stopped at 60:00, then start from that time today on a ride…let’s say I’m NOW at 90:13 on the podcast. If I miss a part and rewind 15 seconds, it will go all the way back to 60:00. 

Hi there @aloharosee

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Since this issue is a bit different from the original one in this thread, we suggest that you create a new thread about this in the relevant help board here. We'll be happy to help there. 

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have a 2018 Mazdacx5, I used to be able to long hood the rewind/fast forward arrow/button and could skip through an intro or rewind a favorite verse(playing Spotify through Bluetooth from my iPhone). Out of nowhere, it no longer works. One minute it did and the next it didn’t I’ve unpaired, hit shuffle on radio & phone. 
Anyone know how to turn it back on?

Hey @AC423,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device as mentioned in this thread. In this case, we'd highly recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking with a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to pair it to your car stereo and test it out.

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hey @AC423 

This should be fixed in a future Spotify iOS app update soon.

This same feature can also be used on the iOS Lock Screen by tapping and holding down on the left or right skip buttons. It doesn't work in the current App Store version, but it should be working again in a future update.
MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts