Free

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone X)

Operating System

(iOS 13.3.1)

My Question or Issue

I just downloaded Spotify on my new iPhone x but the songs in my saved albums and playlists won’t show!! They appear only if i connect my device to my web (chrome) Spotify but disappear when not connected to any device it just says shuffle play ,although i tried reinstalling it but still, please help this isn’t ok.

30 Replies

Hey @manno3232,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this here.

Just to double-check you're logging in to the right account, would you mind logging out and then back in to your Spotify through the Spotify app on your iPhone X?

If you're not 100% sure about what the email address associated with your Spotify account is, you can find out by requesting a Spotify password reset link. The link will be delivered to the inbox of each email address you created a Spotify account with.

Click here and type one at a time in the required field the email addresses you might have created the account with to try this out. If no Spotify account is associated with any of these emails, you won't receive a password reset link.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know how you get on!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried logging out but still, i am also sure of the email i am using currently 

Hey @manno3232,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

At this point, would you mind sharing with us some screenshots of what you see when opening one of your saved playlists and one of your saved albums with our mobile app?

It'll allow us to look into this in greater detail.

It'd be also great if you'd double-check that your Spotify username as you see it when accessing your account with the Web Player (top right corner of the screen) matches exactly your username as you see it in the mobile app (in 'Settings', top right corner of the screen).

This will help confirm you're accessing the same account with both the Web Player and the mobile app before attempting any further trouble-shooting.

We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator

B5C596B0-2F52-4822-83D7-0298C9D832E3.jpeg

i replied with a screenshot.

Hi @manno3232,

Thanks for the screenshot! 

Can you tell us if the albums appear blank on other devices as well?

Have you tried running a clean reinstall (different than a regular reinstall) to make sure your app is running with the latest features? You could then log in and out again to shake things up a bit. 

If that doesn't do the trick for you, can you let us know your Spotify version?

Thanks in advance!

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello, the same issue is happening to me but only for albums. I cannot click on the "see more" button when I want to see all the songs in the album. I have tried reinstalling the app many times and I even reinstalled it following the instructions on the website. Please get back to me asap about how to fox this problem.

I have the same problem. I can't look at the tracklist on anything but playlists. No albums, and no artist pages. The album problem only affects my phone, not laptop Furthermore, certain songs won't play. I'm thinking of a specific song and artist who recorded it at the moment, but both song and artist are fairly well known. On my phone (android, both app and webplayer) search results do not show any version of this song except for as karaoke tracks. It's like it doesn't exist-- only it does, when I do a web search outside of spotify. Then, it reveals the tracks, and I can't play them. They're not grayed out, but they won't play samples, and I can't add them to a playlist. And don't tell me to do a damn reinstall, because that doesn't work, Spotify. And neither does logging out and back in. I know I'm logged into the right account, I only have one.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

If you're on the free, ad-supported plan, play individual songs on-demand on mobile devices. That's why you can't preview a list of all the tracks contained within an album or a playlist that's not "Pick and Play". However, you should still be able to listen to the shuffled tracks. For full info about the free experience on mobile, we'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer.

In case you'd like to see this feature return, you can add your +VOTE to this idea to show your support - it's the best way to provide your feedback for new features such as this one.

If you're interested in learning more about the different types of subscriptions we offer, you can take a look at the support article here.

Hope this clarifies things. Let us know if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi so I’m having the same problem I used to be able to see the songs on my playlist and open my playlist and see the songs but it doesn’t let me now when I push on the see more it doesn’t let me open the playlist 

I’m having this exact same problem, I have reinstalled the app the way that this website suggests and more. I’ve been searching through the forums and apparently this isn’t the only time Spotify has taken away the “and more” feature. This is really frustrating because I make pretty long playlists on average around 50 songs per playlist and now I can’t look at a single song in my playlist, this makes it really hard to do anything. It makes it extremely difficult to clean out a playlist as well or even make a new playlist because now  I have to wait for a song to play to even be able to remove from my playlist. And then I have to individually search for a song to add to a playlist. Now I can’t even do the bare minimum 

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We've recently received some reports of the same issue you're mentioning and the right team is giving a look at it. Please add your vote and subscribe to the thread "Users on iOS are unable to tap "and more" to open list of tracks on playlists". Any update about it will be posted there.

We hope to have this solved as soon as possible, thanks for your feedback.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi,

It seems that this was resolved a few weeks ago. However, today, I opened up my spotify app, and this exact problem occured with me. I'm very sad and disappointed. I've done the clean reinstall, I've done the "log in log out twice", i've even tried switching accounts. NOTHING works. It is still like the situation that was "resolved" before, I can't open the songs in my playlist, they only work if I connect with my macbook, and I can't play any specific song (it will just choose random ones in my playlist...) I have an iphone 11, free plan. Again, I'm very upset with this issue. Please reach back. 

Please get this fixed ASAP... I really enjoy using spotify, but this issue has made me very annoyed. Thank you.

Hey there @nicoleswang!

Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

Could you let us know if you're not able to tap the ''and more'' to see the list of songs as that is the issue that should be solved? 

On the free plan, on mobile, you only get the option to play songs on Shuffle for most playlists - on demand playback on your phone is a Premium feature.

You can check the differences between the features you get with Premium here.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

ElenaModerator

y’all are that thirsty for money that y’all won’t even let those who aren’t using premium see a list or listen to a preview to songs like seeing what i’m a playlist or album or when i’m trying to add something to my own and i cant preview the music like can y’all grow up yall rich already. the very second i find something that’s better than this selfish app im going to use that and i’m going to put y’all out of business if y’all don’t get this right.

My songs are not showing I have an iPhone 11 I deleted the app and logged out but it didn’t do anything 

Hey @Viqpua,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we understand you have already reinstalled the app on your devices. Can you confirm if you followed these steps for the clean reinstall in both devices? If you haven't, give it a try and let us know if you noticed any difference.

On another note, is this happening if you change the internet connection you're using? is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Give it a try and let us know if changing the connection makes any difference.

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

The songs in my playlists won’t show!! They appear only if i connect my device to my web (chrome) Spotify on my Mac book but disappear when not connected to any device it just says shuffle play ,although i tried reinstalling it but still, please help.

Suggested posts