Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same problem, different day....

Same problem, different day....

I have had this problem before, now I'm dealing with it again. When I try to listen to a song, it brings up spotify radio and tells me my free trial is over, but I can listen to spotify radio for free. I've been paying for about two months now. Just wondering how I can fix this problem.... 

6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?
If so, try logging out, fully restarting your device and then logging in again.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you, Peter. I will try that now! 

Ok, I logged out of Spotify and turned off my phone then turned it back on. Still not working... 

At this point, I've  logged out and restarted my phone 6 times. I deleted the app off my phone and re installed it...still nothing. It's still acting as if I'm not paying for it. At this point, I'm tired of this happening all the time and am ready to cancel everything and not use it anymore, nor would I recommend it to anyone. If there's another suggestion you could give as to how to get it to work, I will try it. If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid I'm done with Spotify.

I just looked at my account info, and this is what it says:

Your account

Profile Username: andilovetolaugh Email address: [snip - Super user] Date of birth: 1987-01-01 Country: USA Postal code: 12354

Edit your profile

Subscription status

You are currently using Spotify Free. To get the most out of Spotify, sign up for Spotify Unlimited or Spotify Premium.

Manage subscriptions and payment

The only things that are correct about any of this information is the username, email address and the country. Birthday, zip code and subscription status are all incorrect. Sorry for my language, but to be blunt, what the **bleep** is going on? I've given Spotify personal information, including my credit card number. Where is that information?!?! What happened to all of my information, actually??? Can anyone PLEASE answer this for me? Anyone at all....????

Hey!

Not a good idea to post your email address at a forum - I've edited that out for you.

To your problem: It might be the old issue with an accidental duplicate account being created.

Are you sure you log in with the correct information? Facebook / Spotify log in?

If so, a moderator would need to check your account. Since it's sunday I might not count on that.

You can also use the Online Customer Support so they can look into what's going on there.

If you get an automated answer, just reply directly to it and your case will be picked up by one of the Spotify support staff. 😉

Suggested posts