Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Scroll bar for artists is gone/ terrible UI changes

Scroll bar for artists is gone/ terrible UI changes

Hi,

There has been a huge layout change in the spotify app (without updating the app).

I can't scroll through my artists via the first letter anymore! On saturday, I used to have this bar on the right, where you touch on B and the app scrolls to the artists starting with B. But now, I have this huge thumbnails for artists. And I follow over 300 Artists! How does this make the app better? How it is supposed to be easier in a car or with one hand, if I have to scroll artists by hand? This makes the artists-tab completely useless. And a huge tab for podcasts? I follow 4 podcasts, why the heck do I need this?

And if you open an artist, you just see the saved songs and albums. If I want to see everything, I have to click on another menu and choose Show Artist.

Why do you think, that these are improvements? Are UI changes even tested? Doesn't seem so. I'm working in software development and this is by far one of the badest and most useless UI-changes, I've ever seen.

Don't get me wrong, I still love spotify. But these changes are horrible and I can't understand, how this passed any testing department.

4 Replies

Hey there @three-hoffis,

thanks for sharing !

I recommend checking out this help article on the new UI and changes made within the Spotify app.

However, you can always add your +VOTE and comment here on this live idea concerning the changes made.

Hope this helps 😃

**bleep**!!!
They destroy all my organization

This answers none of my questions. I simply don't understand it. Now, I have to search every artist by it's name, no matter, whether I follow him or not. What is the point in this design decision?

When I download an album, I can’t choose the songs that I want to take from album. The app forces me to download the entire album and I can’t even delete what I don’t like. Therefor if I want to listen to the songs I like, i with force have to go through all the songs I don’t like or I have to go through my ENTIRE liked playlist to find the one song I’m looking. This is so uncomfortable when I drive because now if I choose the album, I must listen to the songs I don’t like. I don’t understand what the point of this update is because now I must pay much more attention to my phone while I drive if I want to listen to the music that I PAY for. Ridiculous! I can’t easily listen to what I want anymore

Suggested posts