Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search - An error occurred, try again.

Solved!

Search - An error occurred, try again.

Hi,

This search-error thing has been goin on for months now.

Most of the time when i try to search in the app it just says "Error occurred, try again". It works fine on my MacBook with the latest OS and Spotify app.

Whats going on? i use search for like 80% of my listening so this is really bugging me. Ive been a premium member for a long time, maybe 8 years? and this issue is making me look into other options for my daily musiclistening.

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone 6+

Operating System

iOS 12.0

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think i solved it. Years ago i had my router set up to use opendns, i've forgot that.

Now im using whatever my ISP's default DNS is and spotify is working fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.0.1 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

So i finaly took the time to look in to this problem, i've updated to IOS 12.01 and the Spotify app to 8.4.77.1041. The problem is still there, but i found out why my experience was that it sometimes worked and sometimes not! 

When im on my wifi it does not work, impossible to search, but if i switch over to 4G it  immediately starts working.

I have not changed anything with my router for the last 3 years.

Any suggestions what i could do?

Marked as solution

I think i solved it. Years ago i had my router set up to use opendns, i've forgot that.

Now im using whatever my ISP's default DNS is and spotify is working fine.

Suggested posts