Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search function does not work on iPad and iphone

Solved!

Search function does not work on iPad and iphone

The search function does not work on my iphone 5 and iPad Air.
I have the latest version on my devices, so I have tried to remove the app and indstalling it again.
I have tried to log out and in again. I have turned off my devices and turned the back on - but NOTHING works.
Please help!!!
60 Replies

I keep getting the message "une erreur s'est produite" for any aearch attempt on my iPad.
I tried everything: uninstall app, reinstall app, re login etc...

I think my next try will be to try revoking my premium subscription...
Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Just to follow up here - are you still having trouble with search? How are things looking now?

Yep I've been experening the same problem for the past 24 hours.

Same issue- search function does not work. Error message 'an error has occurred, try again'

Any advice?

Hey @Kartz

Could you try a soft reset by holding the home + power button for a few seconds? Should it still be an issue, could you also try a quick reinstall?

Update :

Now it works more or less, i didn't reboot my phone or reinstalled the app

The error message is still here but research can be done with retries.

Better than yesterday but still not perfect.

Sorry for my english, i really try to do my best.

edit : i've reboot the phone and reinstall the app, no improvements.

Hey @pete

I've attempted to do both - soft reset and quick reinstall. It's seems to work okish for 2/3mins but then I get the same error...

Any more advice

Can anyone advise of the following problem I am experiencing. Every time I try use the search function I get the following message 'an error has occurred try again'

I use spotify on my iPhone 6plus. My partner has the same device but his spotify search engine seems to be working fine.

I've tried to delete and download the app again, refresh the app, force log out the app but nothing seems to work.

Any solutions????

Registered as premium subsctiber last night and am getting the same 'error try again' on my ipad. Not on FAQ. Not on community save for your question. Fix greatly appreciated.

I have merged another thread about this same problem here.

Sorry if there are duplicates, Kartz.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Still not working. Have reinstalled but makes no difference. This is the equivalent of Google search being down, pretty much useless!

Still not working for me either.
I removed the app and installed it again, but I got the same error message. Force closing and opening again brings up the search results, but thats not good enough.

Hey everyone - thank you for your reports.

Just to clarify, are you seeing suggested search results? For example, if you're searching for 'Linkin Park', is the artist suggested to you before you finish typing? Are you able to access to Artist from suggested search results?

@Pete

It Does more or less now

Yesterday, research engine was totally off. Now it can show results, but the "error message" is still here, i often have to try again several times to see the search results.

I just tried that... Still not working. And I JUST removed the app and restartet my phone before trying your suggestion.

Looks like it's gone back to square one.

When I attempt to search for anything - artist, song title... I don't get anything back - just the message saying 'an error has occured'

I've tried to reinstall the app a few times now and it makes no difference.

Could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing when you enter 'Linkin P' - leave out the last 3 letters from Park.

Thanks!

IMG_1283.PNG

I don't think you need any translation ^^

Yep thats why im getting but in engligh lol

I'm getting the same thing as Well... But in English.
Marked as solution

Thank you all for your reports, and we appreciate your patience.

We're currently investigating this issue as we speak. I'll keep you updated within this topic as soon as we make progress.

Suggested posts