Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search function does not work on iPad and iphone

Solved!

Search function does not work on iPad and iphone

The search function does not work on my iphone 5 and iPad Air.
I have the latest version on my devices, so I have tried to remove the app and indstalling it again.
I have tried to log out and in again. I have turned off my devices and turned the back on - but NOTHING works.
Please help!!!
60 Replies

Similar problem here, started exactly at midnight on January 1st and as a result can't help but think it's something to do with new year, like spotify Y2K!

Anyway I can search for artist, and it gives me suggestions (typing Linkin P will show Linkin Park) but once I click the artist, it loads for several seconds then "an error occurred". I can search for and open albums and tracks no problem, but cannot open any artist page. [iphone 5s latest iOS and latest spotify premium]

It seems to be solved, works for me now.

Keep you updated if something goes wrong.

Is that good for you guys ?

Marked as solution

Good news everyone - the issue has now been resolved!

It may take a little while to start working again as usual on your end.

All working now!

Thanks everyone for reporting this problem on the forum!

Thanks to @Pete for investigating!

Enjoy using search now 😉

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks !!!!

as we all have seen: it works again, searching on ios devices. thanx team spotify for the quick solution!

Glad to hear it everyone!

Happy New Year!

Yay...!!

It works, thank you so much!

Working here too good effort spotify team.

Working fine now 🙂 thanks spotify team

Yep it's all good - hurrah !

It just started doing this in December 2014 and i dont know how to fix it

Hi all, it seams the problem is back. I experience it last 14 days time to time (not always but pretty offen). I already started thinking to cancel "Premium". Is there any help? I did not find anything. I experience this problem on iPad Air as well as on iPhone 6. Thanks for help!

Hi all, it seams the problem is back. I experience it last 14 days time to time (not always but pretty offen). I already started thinking to cancel "Premium". Is there any help? I did not find anything. I experience this problem on iPad Air as well as on iPhone 6. Thanks for help!

I'm having the same problem, newest version of the app on an iPhone 5.  It appears to be related to my current network: if I start the app fresh on my work wifi network, I can search normally, but if I leave the wifi network (either going to cell data or my home wifi), search stops working.  I can still listen to music, though, anything that I've added or anything in my recent list.  If I kill the app and start it again, search will work until I leave the network.

Same for me, but it doesn't matter if I'm connected to Wifi or 3G. Serach function works if I kill the app and start it again.

I've been having this problem for two weeks now.  The only way i can get search to work is restarting iPAD, and then it only works the first time I go back into Spotify.  I'm starting to get really sick and tired of apying for premium service and getting sub-par use out of this app.  I mean seriuously, this app has more issues then Windows 3.11 did with installing other software.  @Pete-moderator, are you goin to give me a refund for the crap service I have been getting?  My cable company gives me $25.00 credit everytime my internet or cable T.V. is out,  Can you match that level of service?

@tomdarch 

First try reinstalling the app on your iPad.

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same problem. If I uninstall it works for awhile but then stops working again with an "Error, Try Again" message. I see a post from Spotify on 2/1/15 that they are looking into it but that was almost two months ago. I'm paying for premium. Tried to show off Spotify to some friends and couldn't find any songs, how embarrassing.

Suggested posts