Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search function does not work on iPad and iphone

Solved!

Search function does not work on iPad and iphone

The search function does not work on my iphone 5 and iPad Air.
I have the latest version on my devices, so I have tried to remove the app and indstalling it again.
I have tried to log out and in again. I have turned off my devices and turned the back on - but NOTHING works.
Please help!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Just to follow up here - are you still having trouble with search? How are things looking now?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you all for your reports, and we appreciate your patience.

We're currently investigating this issue as we speak. I'll keep you updated within this topic as soon as we make progress.

Marked as solution

Good news everyone - the issue has now been resolved!

It may take a little while to start working again as usual on your end.

60 Replies

I Have the exact same problem with my Iphone 6 plus.

Search function is tottaly flawed.

You have to do something guys

Thanks and happy new year !

Same here, every time I search I get "An error occurred please try again" on my iPhone 6, iPad Air and also iPhone 5s - all have version 2.2.0.2464. If I force quit the app (ie press home button twice then swipe Spotify up), then reopen it I get the search results. 

Tried all sorts of things I've seen mentioned here in other posts, but nothing works. Not sure if it's connected, but it's been happening since I started to use Spotify Connect earlier today.

Search works ok on my iMac by the way, so presumably it's not an issue with my premium account.

I get the same "error message" as you. I have a MacBook Air as well and do not have any problems there either.

I envy you with this "massage" thing ^^

Just joking, hope that issue will be solved soon, this is really annoying

Haha, stupid auto correct on my iphone 😉 English is not my first language 🙂

But yes, let's hope they are able to help SOON!

Hello everybody.

I can't do any search with my user account. If I use another account on my iPhone or iPad, I can search wat I want, but with my user I receive the message: An error ocurred. Try again.

anybody can help me?

Thank you
Regards.

I just tried the trick with force closing the app and then checking the search results - I get them that way, too.

But not good enough in the long run, hope they will fix the problem soon.

Hey guys!

Thanks for reporting the problem here.

I have alerted the support team at Spotify about this.

We'll continue to monitor the reports and investigate. 

Please post back if search all of a sudden starts working for you again.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same issue on iPhone 5s. It worked this morning on my partners account but I've made my own account and the search function brings up "error occurred".

I'm having the same issues with iPhone 5 and my mini iPad, although the search facility works on my laptop.  I updated my iPhone and iPad software just two days ago so I don't know whether this is related or not.  

I am having the same problem, I have tried reinstalling the app and resetting my device, nothing works.
I am using iPad4 with latest software and my spotify app is up to date.

here to, search on ipad or iphone does not work.'an error occurred, try again' is the only result i get on my iphone5S. not such a good start for '15 hopefully i'tll work soon
again. I asked @SpotifyCares, but tonight they don't: no answer 😞

Hi

On both my iPad and iPhone i get an error when I search for music.

An Error Occurred
Try Again

I am on the latest iOS ver 8.1.2
I have hard reset holding both home and power button until apple symbol appears
I have reinstalled app

Still does not work...

same problem here, Spotify repair this asap please!

I haven't got an error but when I search and tap on an album on my iphone or ipad I just get a blank screen. i.e. no tracks. I've tried reinstalling the app. its fine on my laptop. 

I just signed up for the premium service adds a getting this error. Think it's something to do with internet connection? Can work around by closing app (double click home button and flick app up) and reopening. Too many users for server?

Weird I have been killing it, rebooting and installing loads tonight.

Just killed it again and it now works.... Defo was not working though no matter what I done.

Thanks

I have had the same problem for over 24 hours now since upgrading to premium. Bit of a joke if Spotify expects you to pay for this service. Will be cancelling unless this basic function gets sorted out.

Hey guys!

I have merged all of the reports into this one thread so this problem will be easier to track.

I have already alerted the support team at Spotify about this.

We'll continue to monitor the reports and investigate. 

Please post back if search all of a sudden starts working for you again.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts