Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Show album art for local / synced music on iOS

Show album art for local / synced music on iOS

Feature request: Sync and display album art for non-spotify music that I sync over from my desktop. In older versions of Spotify for iOS, it used to display the album art when playing a song. Now I get a musical note 😞

I miss my album art

Sad musical note

11 Replies

Hi,

Before I mark a status for this post, it seems to me that this was a bug in an earlier version of the Spotify app that has now been resolved. Can you try updating the app and resyncing some local files? I have album art for my local files on my phone.

I re-synced some files, and still having the same issue.

I'm running this on iOS 7, with spotify app 1.7.0.2390

2014-09-11 16.54.19.png

@wk3000 wrote:

I re-synced some files, and still having the same issue.

I'm running this on iOS 7, with spotify app 1.7.0.2390

2014-09-11 16.54.19.png

I've moved this post to the iOS help board, as I've looked into it and you should be able to see the album art on that version of Spotify.

Do you see album art when you play the local files in the desktop Spotify client? 

Album art for local files has NOT been fixed in version 1.7

It is still considered a bug and should be fixed in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@MattSuda wrote:

Album art for local files has NOT been fixed in version 1.7

It is still considered a bug and should be fixed in a future update.

Strange how this bug isn't affecting my local files! 

In any case, thanks for the update Matt.

iOS 8 with 1.7.1 is still doing it 😞 My OCD is in overdrive.

Tried to update the app and the album art still does not display.  I am using 'Spotify for iOS 6' and everything works fine.  Don't know if this problem is in the app or iOS 8.  My son (also a Spotify user) said no big deal.  To me though, a premium service should be able to display the album art!  I'm just sayin'.

FINALLY FIXED FOR MEE!! Updated today and looks like the update fixed it 🙂

Niiice! Going to update and see what happens.

Still not working on iPad. It will display in the bottom left and when I expand the player but not in other holding cells where art should be displayed.

@Abracastabya 

I have just further tested this and I can confirm that offline album art might not work in the iPad app if you don't first do a complete reinstall of the app.

Try deleting the app and reinstalling it. Then resync all your music offline again.

I know it's a huge hassle but try it and post back if you are still having problems. This would really help the developers out. Thanks!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts