Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Shutting off while on Bluetooth

Solved!

Shuffle Shutting off while on Bluetooth

Ever since I updated my iPhone to iOS 11, shuffle does not work in my car (on Bluetooth). I click shuffle and it immediately goes back to alphabetical order. Shuffle still works when it’s not on Bluetooth though. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This has been happening to me too for a while, I drive a 2015 Mazda6. The shuffle would turn itself off after the inital Bluetooth connection is made. I recently upgraded to iOS 11.1 and now the shuffle turns itself off after each song!

I did find a workaround, if you press the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "Shuffle All", the shuffle turns on and stays on until the bluetooth disconnects. I can verify that this works for me, but it's pretty inconvenient to do it each time I start my car. Hope you find a solution soon!

View solution in original post

36 Replies

I’m having the exact same problem, so annoying, this is one of the main reasons I have Spotify 

Seriously!! I use it for my commute. Getting ready to delete Spotify and pay for something that actually works. 

Hey guys,

Can you give me some more details so I can help you get this sorted?

• What device are you using?
  • What version of Apple/Android are you using?
  • What version is your Spotify app?
  • Did you download the app from the App Store / Play Store or from the Internet? 

Any additional information will help alot!

Best,

Jordan 

Hi

i have iPhone 6s

update 11.0.3

Spotify Version 8.4.22.515 (premium account)

purchased in App Store

i had a similar issue with iTunes music after an update a year ago and started using Spotify and have never had this issue. Since this last update it now happens to my spotify

only when using shuffle on Bluetooth in my Mazda CX5 

hope you can solve

thanks

Absolutely!

I have an iPhone 6s plus. It is version 11.0.3. My version of Spotify is 8.4.22.515. I downloaded the app from the app store. I've had several updates since 11, but ever since I downloaded version 11 on my iPhone, I've had this issue. I also have a Mazda CX 5 (2015). Seems to be something with Mazda since we both have the same car and the same issue. I know it is possible though, because I used to be able to shuffle!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hey @Aschembari88 & @Ddavies,

I think it may be an issue because of the 11.0.3 IOS update. I'll pass this onto the right people and I'll let you know if we can find a fix!

Best,

Jordan

Thanks Jordan 

i enjoy Spotify and this is a big issue regarding this product for my usage 

cheers

Thank you Jordan! Much appreciated!

I have the exact same problem and exact same setup.

Before I upgraded to ios 11.0.3 (15A432) I had to click the shuffle button a second time once my car and my iphone had connected. This would also be the case when my music was interrupted by a traffic announcement on the radio.

Since my upgrade to ios 11.0.3 yesterday the shuffle function will switch off after each song. Very annoying.

Hello Jordan,

So this morning, I changed playlists and put shuffle on just to see if it worked, and it did! I was so excited. I tried it on my regular playlist that has not been allowing me to shuffle, and it was working too! However, I shut my car off and turned it back on to see if maybe it would stop working. Unfortunately, this was the case, and again it is no longer shuffling in my car. Just thought I'd let you know about this small sign of hope that I had this morning. Maybe it will help us get closer to a solution.

Thanks!

I'm facing the same issue for the last several updates. I have an iPhone 7 with the iOS 11.1 and updated Spotify yesterday.

Every time I connect to a bluetooth device shuffle turns off. I've watched the icon go from green to grey on it's own as it makes the connection. This is really frustrating when coming back from the gym with my Beats and get into my car and the shuffle just turns off. Or when the last time my phone was playing music and I get back into my car and have to remember to turn back on shuffle even though the music automatically starts playing. Not only is this a UI issue, but a safety issue since it makes users open up the app while they are driving, go to the Spotify app, then re-enable shuffle, which takes their eyes off the road. I've been a Spotify premium memeber for years and this one stupid issue, that just seems to never be priotized even after so many threads here, is making me want to switch to Apple Music.

I couldn’t agree with you more!! I heard a reply 3 weeks ago and nothing since. Definitely considering switching to a different provider since nothing seems to be getting done. I thought I’d give them a few to try and straighten this out, but it doesn’t seem to be a priority. 

Hey guys,

Sorry but I have been away and haven't been able to monitor this thread! I can assure you Spotify is working on getting a solution out for you.

It seems to be isolated to IOS devices as far as I can see, my device doesn't have this issue but it is an Android.

Best,

Jordan

Thanks Jordan. Do you have any idea as to when we can expect this to be fixed? I want to say I’ve been dealing with this for almost 2 months.

Marked as solution

This has been happening to me too for a while, I drive a 2015 Mazda6. The shuffle would turn itself off after the inital Bluetooth connection is made. I recently upgraded to iOS 11.1 and now the shuffle turns itself off after each song!

I did find a workaround, if you press the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "Shuffle All", the shuffle turns on and stays on until the bluetooth disconnects. I can verify that this works for me, but it's pretty inconvenient to do it each time I start my car. Hope you find a solution soon!

Hey @Aschembari88,

I can't say, that depends on what is causing the error, when I get more information, I'll let you guys know on this thread!

Best,

Jordan

@snickroger Thank you SO much! This worked for me. I know it’s not a permanent solution, but it’s better than nothing!

From the sounds of it, maybe the car is disabling the shuffle itself? I'll do some looking and see if my Mazda does it or if any other car I have access to does it, I'll let you know what I find!

(P.S I have marked @snickroger's post ad solution for now so people can see it and use it until a fix is out!)

Best,

Jordan

It’s just weird because before the iOS 11 update, it would allow you to shuffle. Maybe it has something to do with the iphone update’s new car safety settings? Who knows. 

Suggested posts