Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle/search

Shuffle/search

As can be seen in the video, something is wrong with custom made playlists. This problem is persisting only recently. If I search for a song in the playlist, it ONLY plays that song. Even when I click shuffle, it won’t start from that song and shuffle the rest of the playlist. Also, shuffle seems to be biased to play the same artist over and over? It never did this before and only started today

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 8 Plus

5 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Check for any pending updates and install them if any available 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Yes I've restarted the device multiple times, deleted the app and redownloaded it multiple times as well. 

Both versions are the most up to date.

iOS version: 12.1.2

Spotify version: 8.4.79.933

This problem being extremely frustrating because it only started happening recently. Any other suggestions? or are you atleast able to replicate the problem?

Hey @Adityac1,

Yeah I tried it on my end but it works as it should, I even tried using the Loop option you had enabled in the video.

It might be due to having installed a Beta version of iOS, the current official version is iOS 12.1.1

I'd recommend reverting back to the official release or maybe try to sign up for Spotify Beta for iOS here. Here's an article to learn more about Betas.

Hope it helps 🙂

in the original post, i was using iOS version 12.1.1 . I updated the software per your recommendation.

My understanding of the issue is this: when i search for a specific song in a playlist, it is filtering the queue that it thinks that's the only song in the playlist and repeating that. For example, if i search an artist versus a specific song, it plays all the songs that artist is tagged in. Please let me know if i can clarify anything

so i found another user who was able to repeat it.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Filter-Function-Not-Working-Properly-on-iOS-App/td-...

in short, this problem this individual encountered is how i thought the spotify search function is SUPPOSED to work (their problem is my solution and my problem is their solution) lol

Suggested posts