Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffling filtered songs

Shuffling filtered songs

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Previously when looking at my whole library (as in my liked songs) I could search for an artist, tap on a song, and then spotify would shuffle everything that had come up with this search result. The reason I would want to do this as opposed to just going to the artist is because a lot of songs (think rap) have features, and I want my shuffle to include songs that artist is featured on and not just by them along. The same thing also applies to a playlist that I have where not all of my songs are "liked". I don't want these in my library because I like downloading all of my liked songs (I drive a lot and can't afford to use all that data, I also often go out of service). So sometimes I want to filter a playlist by an artist that is in that playlist but not in my library. Due to this same problem I now cannot do that. 

This is less of a question and more of a complaint and feature suggestion because I know this is due to the new update. 

3 Replies

Hi jvon, 

As you said this is more of a feature suggestion, I would recommend submitting it on the Ideas Exchange: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/idb-p/ideas_submissions, which is made for that purpose! 

Have a great day. 

It got fixed for a bit, then killed in the latest update. A **bleep** shame

Its not something new, it has worked in the past just fine. God the app sucks.

Suggested posts