Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffling to songs not in the playlist

Solved!

Shuffling to songs not in the playlist

I don't have premium and I'm not going to purchase it till this problem is fixed. Basically, when i shuffle a playlist, it'll play songs not in the playlist. It'll even play songs I've never heard of. However, it always plays a song from the same artists in my playlists. My playlists are mostly single songs from an artist here or an artist there. I even tried making a playlist with just one song, and it'll still shuffle to other songs from that one artist. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but to no avail. Help!

110 Replies

I have the premium service on android when playing an album instead of playing the next song it will play a random song not on the album albeit by the same artist ( I have not selected the shuffle option) Also why doesn't Spotify have the facility to clicke on the album in your library and just play the album instead of clicking on the first song on the album (as a rival service offers)

Marked as solution

I have noticed the exact same thing. I think Spotify is just inserting songs bc we r Spotify Free users. I'm not going to pay £9.99 a month here in the UK for Spotify Premium when Americans pay $9.99 a month. A dollar isn't a pound! I might switch to a paid Amazon Music plan very soon though bc it's charged at a much better price and has a much better package as part of Amazon Prime. Why? Bc the songs that Spotify is inserting to my playlists are **bleep**.
Marked as solution

I'm on Spotify Free. I had the exact same annoying issue as you - as I said in my previous post. I just checked my settings. I had recently reinstalled btw. Anyway, I turned off both Autoplay and Waze Navigation and this seems to have markedly reduced the amount of the unwanted added in tracks while I played a Playlist the next time I used Spotify on my mobile. So, try turning off both Autoplay and Waze Navigation and see if it helps you too.

No, cause I have Premium and it plays the first sdong of my playlist and then continues to play random stuff.

Marked as solution

This is extremely annoying, it only started doing it on mine today (I have always had autoplay off, and have had both the free and the premium). It does not even play the whole playlist, it swaps to "recommended" songs before my lists are through. What is the point of making a playlist then? If I wanted to hear the songs Spotify is suggesting I'd have put them on the list... I cannot get back to my list, bc even though I have restarted the whole app, it somehow remembers which weirdo suggestion it was playing and skips right back to it. So now I have to go make copies of my playlists so I can again listen to my playlists... I do not mind the ads but this is making me search for alternative services.

I have premium and a playlist with over 100 songs and I have autoplay disabled. Still plays songs I didn't add.  Yes, annoying.  So, do people just come here to say they have a problem and never get it resolved?  YouTube Red or Amazon is looking good. I have numerous playlists on YouTube and YouTube never plays random stuff on them.

I pay for the Family package every month and I still get random songs play in my playlists that I create. I feel if I pay $15 every month I don't care if I have one song in a playlist there shouldn't be any other songs playing. 

Hi, Spotify, would you finally manage to fix this? 
Downloaded playlist is shuffling to songs not in there.
Is extreamly annoing. I have a Premium account.

I see this thread have a almost 2 year history, thats the way are you carying about  users who paying money? I see no feedback on this community from you . Seriously?

I have the same problem...

And the issue has been reported since 2012

https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyaccountrelated/highlight...

Hello,

I have 13 songs in my playlist and it's playing songs that are not in my playlist. The solution stated at least 12 songs, I have 13 and this is still happening. Spotify is getting worse and worse, not letting users skip songs unless they are premium and now playing songs not in a playlist, the point of a playlist is to have specific songs you want played.

How can this be fixed?

I click shuffle playlist and it will play one song that is in the playlist and every other after are from other playlists. How do I fix this? I have spotify premium and I turned auto play off.

This is really bothering me as I have to use my music at work and I really need a solution.

Yes.

How do I turn off auto play

Those suggested tracks are annoying as **bleep** and this issues is not fixed in 4 years.

Please fix.

It's not the playlist, it's the cue. Someone snuck in and added an album to your cue; now Spotify is mixing your playlist with whatever got snuck in. Clear your cue.

I have 29 songs in one of my playlists and it still plays suggested songs. Has the minimum amount gone up?

Thanks, but not necesarily true.  I have nothing in my queue other than the song playing from my playlist and it's still happening.

So what the heck is going on?  I am having this issue too... Spotify playing random songs from a playlist I hate, ("Vibes" if anyone is interested).  I re-installed the app, signe out of all devices, etc.  Nothing works. I am on premium.  

What is the point of paying for a music streaming service if it forces you to listen to music you hate and no one replies to your requests for help.

If this isn't fixed by the end of the week, I guess I go to Tidal.  

Hi peter I have the same problem but my playlist has 101 songs. What do I do?

My playlist has nearly 20 songs, but in that last 30 minutes, all I've heard is suggested songs. I turned off autoplay, so it should've stopped a while ago.

Suggested posts