Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song History.

Solved!

Song History.

Is there any way you can view your song history on the iOS appplication? I know you can do that on the desktop version, but I can't find such a feature on the iOS counterpart.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately there is no current way to view song history on the iOS version of Spotify.

However, as I agree that this would be useful, I took the liberty of adding it as an idea here so Spotify are made aware of it. Feel free to add Kudos and comment to show your support!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Good news!

The new "Recently Played" section is rolling out to the mobile app in the home tab. Here you will be able to see up to 3 months of listening history. Look for the clock icon in the top right corner of the home tab.

Travel back in time: Rediscover lost gems in your listening history with a new “Recently played” destination, where users can jump back in time and browse up to three months’ worth of listening history. Premium and Free users globally will be able to browse recently played individual tracks and episodes in addition to the playlists, albums, and shows they were played from.

You can read more info about "recently played" and other updates to the home tab in the news article:
New Features on Spotify’s Home Hub Make Navigation and Discovery Even Simpler

Spotify_Updates_March2021_PR-Header_1920x733-2048x782.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately there is no current way to view song history on the iOS version of Spotify.

However, as I agree that this would be useful, I took the liberty of adding it as an idea here so Spotify are made aware of it. Feel free to add Kudos and comment to show your support!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

No new plans for history on mobile plattform? I would like to even see my history on my computer. That would be great!

@westerlu77 wrote:
No new plans for history on mobile plattform? I would like to even see my history on my computer. That would be great!

You can see listening history on the desktop client, but it will only show tracks you have listened to on that computer. 

Its under Play Queue > History. 

If you want listening history across multiple devices (and even services) I would strongly suggest you scrobble to last.fm.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok. I want history on iOS. That is what I really want soon.

Has it been added in the meantime?

give them some more time. 3 years to implement playback history on such an obscure system as ios is quite a challenge.

Also, who would expect to browse his listening history from a music player anyway ? 

^^

^^^^Guilty/Smart People

Nooo without I can found any songs listened yesterday... that's terrmible 😄
Really I'd like to see implemented this stupid but useful request.

I can not believe that people keep asking about that feature since 2013 and it's still impossible to check on your phone listening history! What the heck are you getting paid for? Please add this feature. Spotify is kind of useless without letting me check which songs I've discovered. It's really pain in the *ss to make screenshots all the time and then add songs to my lists on desktop, don't you guys think?

Are we all really still waiting for this?? 2013 till now and history is still not available on IOS??

A song randomly played on my phone yesterday and now THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY to know which one was it . A history with the last 100 listened tracks or even 50 would be incredibly useful!  

Yes... When?

this pisses me off cause i pay $13 a month for the spotify and hulu package but i cant review my history. youre running up against apple music, dude. spotify has been a staple for several years now, get with it.

They don’t even reply anymore since they know that after 5years and not adding this feature/tool is really foolish (understatement) of them. Do they live in 1918? Don’t think that a simple feature is hard to add, but can someone of those geniuses at least explane why it is not possible after all these years?? 

Marked as solution

Good news!

The new "Recently Played" section is rolling out to the mobile app in the home tab. Here you will be able to see up to 3 months of listening history. Look for the clock icon in the top right corner of the home tab.

Travel back in time: Rediscover lost gems in your listening history with a new “Recently played” destination, where users can jump back in time and browse up to three months’ worth of listening history. Premium and Free users globally will be able to browse recently played individual tracks and episodes in addition to the playlists, albums, and shows they were played from.

You can read more info about "recently played" and other updates to the home tab in the news article:
New Features on Spotify’s Home Hub Make Navigation and Discovery Even Simpler

Spotify_Updates_March2021_PR-Header_1920x733-2048x782.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts