Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs freeze after 10 seconds

Songs freeze after 10 seconds

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I pay for the premium service, and listen to music daily. Most of the time I have data, however when I do not I have to deal with Spotify more or less giving a semi-premium service in that a lot of songs freeze after 10 seconds and can't be rewound or skipped through.

This has the same effect of not downloading the song at all, as an Internet connection is needed to cross 10 seconds and play the rest of the song. So, as I said, I'm paying for the premium service, and receiving a semi-premium service. 
I've seen this same question being asked multiple times, and on each, there is a 'Solution', a Spotify employee basically copy-pasting a thanks for the community's patience, while this issue has been unresolved for 4 years. It's a travesty that something this significant being reported by consumers hasn't been addressed. 

This topic also does not appear in the 'Under Investigation' page of issues. 

Is there any development for this issue?

Note: I've found from experience this issue does not happen with Discover Weekly songs, but doors seemingly without pattern in other downloaded songs. I have updated my app, changed device, deleted and reinstalled the app, removed and re-added the song, and evidenced that this issue happens with other accounts. 

3 Replies

Hi @oisinvg,

Let's see what we can do about this! 

In cases like this we'd recommend you to do a clean reinstall as it can solve cache-related issues. Although you've reinstalled already, it could be worth it to give this one a try by following the given steps.

Can you tell us on which other devices is this happening as well?

Also, what's your Spotify version? 

Last but not least, if you can give us a screen recording, that'd be helpful.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

This issue persists with other users, so I will take that as evidence it happens on other devices. 

My spotify app was, and is, the most recent version, and at the time of writing that is 8.5.60.881 

I cannot add screen recordings, there may be something wrong with the codec of iPhone screen recording, because despite being an mp4 this page rejects the files. Therefore, the videos can be found in this Onedrive folder:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhSoQXwsDhT3tHbB0lZcAy5ieOZe

This is a serious problem and completely nullifies the premium account feature of offline-play, meaning I pay £10 a month for half a premium service.

EA839328-3B38-49F7-851E-619D8523F707.png

Hi,

This issue persists with other users, so I will take that as evidence it happens on other devices. 

My spotify app was, and is, the most recent version, and at the time of writing that is 8.5.60.881 

I cannot add screen recordings, there may be something wrong with the codec of iPhone screen recording, because despite being an mp4 this page rejects the files. Therefore, the videos can be found in this Onedrive folder:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhSoQXwsDhT3tHbB0lZcAy5ieOZe

This is a serious problem and completely nullifies the premium account feature of offline-play, meaning I pay £10 a month for half a premium service.

Suggested posts