Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs stuck at 0:00 , not playing

Songs stuck at 0:00 , not playing

Hi spotify community! I’m writing because I’ve been facing a really annoying issue for the past few weeks: lots of songs on my favorite albums get stuck at 0:00 (it won’t play even a second of it). My phone says the song is playing even though there’s no sound and it doesn’t move from 0:00, and it doesn’t skip the song unless I do. It happens to specific songs and I can’t get them to play (it somehow picked the best songs on each album lol! why is my karma messing with me?!)

I’ve tried to delete and reinstall the app, delete and reinstall said albums, I tried restarting my iPhone, I even tried switching the download quality to a lower one (I had selected the highest possible quality since I have a lot of storage). I thought it might be due to switching from wifi to 4g a lot but that doesn’t really make sense since all the albums are downloaded. 

I really need to fix this issue because I’d like to stay on spotify, but if it keeps happening I’ll have no choice but to check out other streaming platforms.

I hope you guys will be able to help me!

Additional info:

iPhone 8+, 256GB storage, I’m located in France, Premium spotify subscription.

Hit me up if you need to know anything else

Thanks in advance!

Em

Top Answer
MattSuda
Spotify Star

I heard from some users that they were able to work around this issue by going into the Spotify app settings and turning "Normalize Volume" on if it is currently off. Might be an issue happening when turned off but some were able to turn it back off again without any issue.

Note: Normalize Volume setting is recommended to be turned on and when you first install Spotify this is turned on by default

39 Replies

Hey @emmanuexl,

Thanks for reaching out to us. No worries, help is on the way.

This happens only with your downloaded albums, correct? Does this happen both when the app is connected to the internet and when set to Offline Mode?  

If that's the case, could you perform one more reinstall, but this time using this guide? The steps there are very thorough and clear the device of any damaged leftover files.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the reverse issue. The non downloaded songs are the ones that don’t
play for me. If I go to search a song or artist and click play it won’t
play even though it shows to be playing. This also happens when I go to
new releases and try to play the songs. However, if I go to a liked song
it will play.

Hey @reynalexis,

Thanks for jumping in.

We suggest you run a clean reinstall since this step can usually solve issues rendering Spotify to malfunction  in the way you're describing. You can find the necessary steps here

It's also a good idea to check if the issue persists when connected to a different internet network or on another device.

Let us know if this helps, we'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Mihail Moderator

ive had the same issue but on pc and andriod, it was all songs and reinstalling only fixed it for short while

update: now i can only not skip some time then it freezes again but looks like i can start it from 0 with sound and moving bar*

Hi there @ikbennielz

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? Just attach the video to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.  

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

as shown video no matter on 0 or at different time the time table below does nothing, also it shows the song is playing but its not ive checked 100 times its not my sound. its shouldnt be file or ofline its downloaded and i redownloaded both the music and the hole app twice already again but no changes. doesnt matter what song not single song works on here pc, and my andriod phone.

Tons of people are having this same issue there's two different reddit threads on it, and loads of people contacting spotify support about it on twitter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onpao9/every_song_stuck_at_000_and_not_working/?utm_medium...

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onfw73/spotify_on_android_isnt_working/?utm_medium=android...

It's happening on every platform, and doing a clean reinstall doesn't fix the problem for most people. Something very clearly went wrong on spotify's end today for this to suddenly start happening to a large number of people.

Hey folks,

Thanks for going this troubleshooting with us.

Could you let us know if this is happening if you're logged in with another account on your devices? You can use a free account or ask a friend to log in with theirs. 

This will help us check whether the issue is account related, which might be the case, since we aren't able to reproduce this on our end.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

we have family premium, my brother is not home and works for him but not me

Hi there @ikbennielz,

Thank you for your reply.

It would be great if you can have your brother log in with his account on your device to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

works with brothers account not mine.

Hi again @ikbennielz,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

This seems like an account issue.

In this case we suggest that you start over with a new account and try if it works there. This article provides you information on how to do that.

Let us know how everything works after you've created the new account.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

but i cant bc my music is on there too im a creator???? and why is this the best option..??? i find this very weird and dissapointing its like u guys dont want to try and fix it, and more so just be lazy with such a fix

i find it very weird after 3 years of nothing plus being a premium member al i get is: ''get new account'' also how am i supposed to get my premium back when its on the old one??? i find it very dumb that this is the way its getting delt with

Its not an account issue bc the webplayer works! see u cant give up like that. So its something with aplication then i assume @jeremy

the app now works too again so idk mate its something on your end i think, for now it works if it changes il post in here again

and its stopped again

and now it does again wth, i believe its something with having it on both phone and pc so maybe look if thats btlle necking ure systems @jeremy

Suggested posts