Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort Playlists on iOS Mobile

Sort Playlists on iOS Mobile

Spotify! You are frustrating me so much! You have such an extensive library of music, yet I now check on a daily basis to see whether you have employed this new feature which should have actually been added before the music itself. It means that I cannot bear to fork out the 10 quid a month for Spotify and I know that many, many others feel the same way...

Allow sorting of playlists and of one's entire library by artist, album, song etc. on the iOS mobile app (and Android , from what  I hear)!

I personally never use playlists...ever. I like to listen to music spontaneously, completely dependent on my mood, which constantly changes. With iTunes, I usually scroll through artists from A-Z to see what I want to listen to next. Instead, on your half-finished iOS app, all I see is a big mess of unsorted songs. I have 4500 songs. Need I say more?

Also, please add a feature so that I can sync my itouch 4G with a cable, otherwise it takes a couple of weeks to sync with my slow internet.

These are the only changes you need to make for me to stop with iTunes altogether! Spotify 1, Apple 0, eh? Not quite yet...

Please implement!

Cheers,

SZ

13 Replies

I am a new user and although I am already in love with Spotify and I like the apps (iOS and Android) quite a lot, I second this request (an option to sort playlists would make using Spotify on mobile devices a lot easier!) and I add what's equally important to me: an option to SEARCH for a specific playlist (based on album name or artist, or even titles within the "saved" albums) within the playlists I have chosen to create/save. I have been adding music and new playlists for a few days and it starts to get complicated to search for a specific entry. Of course, if it's a playlist that contains just one specific album or artist, it's relatively simple to search and find in Spotify's database. But if it's a more individualized Playlist, I have to scroll through a long list - this disturbs the fun of using Spotify mobile (a fun which otherwise I really have!). Playlists (also my own ones) show up when searching in Spotify for Windows. Why not implement the same in mobile apps? Maybe it's work in progress already and it's just waiting to be rolled out soon? 😉 Regards, Alex

Hey!

This is a popular request. We have an Ideas post about this right here. Please pop over there and vote it up if you are interested in having playlist sorting in the future.

I'd recommend using the search before posting, in case someone else has posted that idea before. Stops things from getting cluttered!

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi David,

Thanks for the link!

I had already found the idea in the meantime and voted/posted in its favour.

Do you know/can you tell whether there are any plans to implement sorting and searching on all platforms? This could really become a dealbreaker to me and I'd appreciate if Spotify would clarify its position or plans, as this (I guess rather simple to implement?) request has been around for a rather long time.

Hey,

As with all further developments, I cannot comment on if or when such a feature would be implemented. However, announcements of this nature tend to be made via our Blog .

Airhorn Enthusiast

Can you givnome some idea of when an alphabetic sort of playlists will be implemented?

thanks

This hasn't been updated for a while. I've downloaded a fair few albums for listening to offline but not grouping by artist or even in alphabetical order is very frustrating. An update would be very useful. I may well cancel my subscription until it works better TBH, which would be a pity because Spotify offers a much better selection of artists than the competition. 

P

This hasn't been updated for a while. I've downloaded a fair few albums for listening to offline but not grouping by artist or even in alphabetical order is very frustrating. An update would be very useful. I may well cancel my subscription until it works better TBH, which would be a pity because Spotify offers a much better selection of artists than the competition. 

Spotify, you guys are brilliant enough to make a sweet app...now it's time to listen to the paying subscribers and SUPPORT IT by adding a SORT feature for iOS mobile. The inability to sort by alphabetical order with KEY FIELDS is COMPLETELY LUDICROUS. Please support your app. Do the right thing before you start to lose your customer/fan base. This issue has been hanging out there WAY TOO LONG.

The missing sorting option still remains on Android 😞

I want to be able to arrange my PLAYLISTS in the ORDER i WANT them to be.

FInally, the track sorting withing the playlist - is available.

What prevents from doing same with the PLAYLISTS that I've put together.

Im a paying a Premium to use Spotify on MOBILE. 

I subscribe to other peoples playlists, I create my own... there are MANY lists. At the TOP of my lists i want to see the ones i listen to THE MOST, instead of scrolling down and trying to read through the names of them etc. Its a simple 20/80 rule, logical and simple to understand customer need. Also, apparently a wide-spread need. 

Alphabetic sorting doesnt help with this, because that sends the Starred list down to the letter S. I starred the tracks for a reason - they are my stars. I want them to be handy, up on TOP. 

I've seen these requests coming from people from 2012. 

How long does it take to code stuff like that??? You guys want me to hook you up with some Android and iOS app developers from Eastern Europe, who'd bang that code out for you in week, for like a $1,000 max? Holler if you need some contacts - it will be a win-win. 

Seriously, why is it not yet possible to sort playlists by optional method in the iOS apps?

It works well in the desktop app so why not in the mobile app as well?

Please Spotify why as 3 year €360,- paying customer is there still no IOS option to sort my list on last added songs?

And second, what the heck to do with the comment "Congratulations! You have a new rank in The Spotify Community"? Do I get something now?

I know this is an old thread but I am SOOOO FRUSTRATED with the inability to sort my playlist on iOS. Paying good money every month but still having to scroll through over 400 songs to find what you want to play next is archaic!  Spotify you really need to sort this out 😟

Suggested posts