Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorting playlist on MacbookPro app then syncing sorting with iPhone

Solved!

Sorting playlist on MacbookPro app then syncing sorting with iPhone

Is it possible? I created a playlist on my iPhone which was active on same WiFi as MacBook. On the iPhone I set the Playlist to be usable offline, and everything downloaded ok. Then on the MacBook I saw the new playlist was there. I added another song to the playlist on the MacBook and it synced with the playlist on the iPhone. Then I did a sort on author on MacBook by clicking on column heading and forced a sync by cm d click on the iPhone icon under the Devices icon on the left. But the order in the iPhone did not change. Any way to sync to force the same sort on the MacBook to be applied to the iPhone? I think the answer to this second question is no from an earlier reply, but to ensure I can't from a Playlist on the iPhone play songs only from a specific artist - that is filter to see only specific artist then play the Playlist. Correct? Last question. If several Playlists are set to be usable offline and I have a song on several Playlists, will the song be copied several times, taking up space and counting against my offline song limit? Thanks - and I did a search first. If I didn't do a good enough search, sorry for any duplicate.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello,

Welcome to the community. 

The organisation of the playlist will remain the same in the iOS application as it's "original" setting, unless you move them around via the "click and drag" method. However, you can also do this in the iOS device. Click on the pencil icon, and hold down over the three bars on the right hand side of a track - You can then move this around the playlist. But things like automatic alphabetical sorting in the mobile application is currently not available. 

If you sync a song that is over multiple playlists, you will only need to sync that song once. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello,

Welcome to the community. 

The organisation of the playlist will remain the same in the iOS application as it's "original" setting, unless you move them around via the "click and drag" method. However, you can also do this in the iOS device. Click on the pencil icon, and hold down over the three bars on the right hand side of a track - You can then move this around the playlist. But things like automatic alphabetical sorting in the mobile application is currently not available. 

If you sync a song that is over multiple playlists, you will only need to sync that song once. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

David,

Thanks for the welcome and for your reply.

John

Suggested posts