Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorting playlists on iphone

Solved!

Sorting playlists on iphone

I know you can individually sort songs in a playlist.  Is there a way to sort by song/artist/album on iphone? I tried changing the order on my computer spotify but it doesnt translate to the iphone.

35 Replies

Not really. 

Sorting exists on the iPad but you can only sort by Track Order, Title, Album, Artist, Time, Popularity.  NOT by Added. 

Appstore

As long as you haven't manually changed the order (which I haven't) "Track Order" descending is added by with newest at the top.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

But, what I want to do is sort Playlists. Not tracks within a playlist.

Exactly - this is about sorting a playlist itself and all the songs within it by -time, name, artist. You can do this on iPad, laptop etc but NOT iphone. I have 1000+ songs in a playlist and cannot find anything when I'm on the move unless I scroll through. It's v. Annoying!!!

Spotify, we just recieved a "major" upgrade to the app for iPhone, however, to my surprise there was still no sorting function by artist/song etc??? Whats the reason for your total neclect in this matter? NOT satisfied customer*!

Hear hear!!!

Seriously it's almost impossible to do anything but shuffle a large playlist. Google Play here I come.

Finally! Two+ years after, "Your music" new feature sorts alphabetically. Anyone knows if there is a bulk feature to migrate albums previously added as playlists to the new "Albums" in Your Music (other than manually adding each album again)? Thanks!

I must be a mental midget.

I just updated the iPhone app and it said I would be able to sort and filter My Music.

Still dont see the options to do it anywhere as far as in "Songs", "Albums" or "Artists"

So is this only for playlists then?

Should work on all of the tabs (you need to scroll to the top to see the icon). Try force closing the app and opening it again. Spotify did confirm on the release notes topic not everyone has the feature yet (phased roll out).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same here. No change for me. Still can't sort my songs. I new it was too good to be true 😕

@mindweaver wrote:

Same here. No change for me. Still can't sort my songs. I new it was too good to be true 😕

Read above your post. It's a phased rollout. Just hold tight if you don't have it yet.

It is INSANE that they have not fixed this issue yet. Not complicated and total common sense. Who wants their last added songs at the bottom of every playlist???

SPOTIFY THIS IS A PRIORITY!!!! why isn't this fixed, it is so frustrating.

iPhone app needs this solved. Am referring to app and not windows/ Mac program.

Suggested posts