Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorting playlists on iphone

Solved!

Sorting playlists on iphone

I know you can individually sort songs in a playlist.  Is there a way to sort by song/artist/album on iphone? I tried changing the order on my computer spotify but it doesnt translate to the iphone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is currently no way to do this. If you want to see this implemented, kudos up my suggestion in the ideas forum!
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Ability-to-sort-music-on-mobile-devices-by-artist-albu...

View solution in original post

35 Replies
Marked as solution

There is currently no way to do this. If you want to see this implemented, kudos up my suggestion in the ideas forum!
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Ability-to-sort-music-on-mobile-devices-by-artist-albu...

I just really want to be able to sort my playlists properly across all platforms; quirkiness in the drag and drop mechanism on the desktop client makes it virtually impossible to organise playlists properly, I drag them to one place and they appear 8-10 places above where I put them.  An aphabetise option would sorrt this out hopefully and make things much more manageable.

Why is absolutely nothing happening regarding this???? SPOTIFY COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the deal?  I love Spotify, but I'm sitting here at work, wondering if I have a song in one of my playlists- I can't open it on my work computer, becuase you all don't have a web player... and I can't sort my playlist on my Iphone, because you all STILL have not enabled the ability to sort your playlists on the iPhone.  Something this simple, yet, this aggrivating totally could cause you all to lose customers, or at least motivate me to drop the Premium Service that I pay for each month, for any of your competition that, at least, allows very simple features on their applications, such as allowing you to SORT your darn playlist.  Good Grief!

Seriously. For 10 bucks a month, I cannot believe how awkward Spotify for iPhone is to use. No sorting, no search for what's in the playlists, basically no management at all. I love the service, but it's incredibly frustrating to use on my phone, which is where I want to use it the most!!

Exactly... Im looking for a better software because this is annoying!!! 

Can anyone let us know why Spotify isn't adding playlist sorting on iphone? Its been added on the iPad so why not iphone. It's so annoying having to scroll down a playlist to get down to the most recently added songs!!

Don't work for Spotify, just here to help make Spotify better

Like any business they don't have unlimited resources so I guess they have to prioritise everything. They've said they're looking at the best way to implement sorting so I guess it will happen eventually.

This was posted in 2012 though so people are starting to think Spotify has forgotten about them and their problems

Don't work for Spotify, just here to help make Spotify better

Hehe.yeah it ust seem that way sometimes 🙂

Please fix this!

BR Tommy

AMEN!!!!

I can't believe they don't have this feature on iPhone. They have it on iPad so it's obviously not an iOS 7 or iOS in general issue. Come on Spotify. Get it together.

This is still not solved! The search function is great but I have a massive playlist and not being able to sort it on iphone is insane! I understand there are priorities with what gets sorted but this has been raised numerous times from quite a few years ago now and still nothing. Like many others I'm forced to accept it and wait but nevertheless this incurs constant frustration! Please do something!!!

I can't believe we still this problem. Come on....

WTF Spotify! I can't be that hard to let me sort my songs by artist on the Iphone. This is a simple issue! C'mon already.

Seriously. How hard can it be to add "sort by added" on iOS? This is a really cruical feature for me. I don't shuffle, I want to hear the latest songs in my playlists. Why ignore all requests?

It exists on iPad, so the code must actually be in the app already.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Are you running App Store builds or beta builds?

Suggested posts