Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound doesn’t play when I have another media app open.

Sound doesn’t play when I have another media app open.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 7 Plus)

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

Spotify sound is unresponsive if I have another app that plays sound open at the same time. If I’m listening to Spotify and stop it to open up another app such as YouTube or any media app then decide to stop that other app and to return to Spotify, Spotify becomes unresponsive. I can search Spotify, but if I tap on a track, nothing happens. After a while the track might start playing but no sound is heard. Closing the other app doesn’t help. I have to close the other app and also restart Spotify as well for it to work.

It also works if I close the other app and wait a long time and refresh the search or open up a different album before returning to the one that wasn’t playing. It’s as if Spotify breaks down down when any another app “takes over” the sound. I understand that Spotify can’t play simultaneously while apps such as Youtube are playing, but the other app is NOT playing anymore. Almost any app that plays sound, including games, will kill Spotify’s responsiveness.

1 Reply

Hey @wellesradio,

Thanks for reaching out.

Let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. 

It's also a good idea to make sure that the app has all permissions enabled and is excluded from any battery or storage optimization services. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts