Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spatial Audio Support

Spatial Audio Support

Has anyone heard if / when Spotify plans to support spatial audio on iOS? 

26 Replies

Hey @csumb_biscuit, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm glad to hear you would like Spatial Audio support on your AirPods Pro to work with Spotify, as I do too! I'm afraid this feature isn't possible at the moment, but I could see how this can be useful.

It'd be great for you to go add your +VOTE as well as subscribe to this related Idea. All the updates you need regarding this will be shared there!

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Absolutely a must update!

Spotify sould do this as soon as possible. Especially before its competitors!

Spatial Audio is a game changer, the first company that makes it compatible will reel in millions of users, everyone is talking about and looking for services to use it right now. I would love for it to be Spotify, hopefully they get this message. 

this would be amaaazing

I would love Spatial Audio on Spotify!!

Hey @csumb_biscuit 

Please vote for this Idea, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Option-to-use-quot-Spatial-Audio-quot-on-iOS-14-AirP...

๐Ÿ™‚

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I would very much like this to be added as well.

I may consider switching to Apple Music if Spotify is not providing this soon. I love to keep all my playlist in Spotify though.

Please add this feature

Spotify needs to add this ASAP to remain competitive with Apple

You could simply use Soundiiz to transfer your playlists to Apple Music. Spotify recorded singles would be excluded though.

Definitely debating moving to Apple Music because of Spatial Audio and Lossless music.

I've got a 3 month free trial to Apple Music and encourage everyone to try it out. Spotify has to keep innovating like this! Poor Podcast UI and lack of improvements to audio quality is a concern.

In iOS 15 Beta you can spatialize every audio source (including Spotify). This feature will become publicly available in fall of this year.

iOS15_Beta.jpg

Which is a bit funny because (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't
a song need to be recorded/engineered in a specific way for Spatial Audio
to work? I have noticed on Apple Music that some songs really give you that
immersive experience (e.g. Mystery Lady by Masego) and then others that are
marked as 'Dolby Atmos' don't sound so great; it's like the instruments
overpower the vocals...kinda like if someone was recording in a hall and
the volume of the instruments was turned up louder than the volume of the
vocals.

Fully agree, there's a huge difference between songs designed for 3D audio and just normal stereo-songs placed in 3D. In the first case you really get the impression of being in front of the stage (full soundscape, only slight movement of instruments and vocals). In the second case (spatialised audio โ‰  spatial audio) it seems like a small bluetooth box is placed behind you and is moved to the left when you move your head to the right and vice versa. Ugly experience. 

F42EF6A8-AA36-4501-8A22-8BBE7CE40DC5.jpeg

โ€ƒ

58744E10-2EB0-44AF-B0E1-8CEE5A42E7DE.jpeg

โ€ƒ

As of writing this on iOS 15 Beta, I can confirm that Spotify is supported by the all new Spatialise Stereo (New iOS 15 version of Spatial Audio) and it sounds amazing!

I can confirm this as well. Found out by accident while at the gym yesterday. Turned my head to look behind me and the vocals shifted from the front to the side. I must have looked ridiculous to others as I spent the next 5 minutes making sure I was actually experiencing it while using Spotify. 

You can use apps like SongShift to transfer all of your playlists, as well as your library, from Spotify to Apple Music or any other source that you use! Hope this helps!

Suggested posts