Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify CONNECT not working with version 3.3.0

Solved!

Spotify CONNECT not working with version 3.3.0

Since I upgraded the Spotify app to version 3.3.0.1640 on my iPad, it cannot establish a connection to my client radio (via CONNECT).

The client appears in the list of devices. When I choose it, not much is happening (very short animation of the symbol at the bottom right, but no connection!). Can a fix be expected for the next version of the Spotify app?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi tomicx: Based on what you've described and the version number that you're running, it seems that you are on the latest version of both the desktop and mobile applications (3.3 is the latest iOS build).  Updating to 3.3 should not have caused connect to stop.  Would it be possible for you to uinstall and reinstall the mobile application and report back if it works?  Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi tomicx, are both devices as up-to-date as possible? Most Connect issues arise when one system is on a higher version number than the other. Let me know! 

Hi, same issue for me with iPad und iPhone iOS 8 and Spotify latest version while trying to connect with Connect on Fire TV.

The spotify app on IOS deviec reacts just like tomicx reported.

The Fire TV app is just restarting while iOS tries to establish connection.

Hi LordRollin, thanks for the reply. As for the radio auto-update is enabled its firmware should be up-to-date!

Marked as solution

Hi tomicx: Based on what you've described and the version number that you're running, it seems that you are on the latest version of both the desktop and mobile applications (3.3 is the latest iOS build).  Updating to 3.3 should not have caused connect to stop.  Would it be possible for you to uinstall and reinstall the mobile application and report back if it works?  Thanks!

In the new update (3.3.0) Spotify Connect is an Invitation-Only feature. If you would like to request an invitation, you can click the link on the right side of the Main Spotify Community page, or just click this.

I Like Music

Cool

GBB, this will take a few days, I will report about success of a re-installation next week...

N3XITH, I used Spotify CONNECT before 3.3.0 and I could not find a notice about some new restriction on the sign-up webpage.

Thanks for your replies!

Hi tomicx: That sounds great. Please report back what happens.

Have a good weekend!

GBB

Suggested posts