Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 7 and 8

Operating System

iOS 10

I’m using Spotify and casting to several chromecast audio devices, however more often than not the audio cuts out every 5 to 10 seconds for around a second. Obviously very frustrating and renders using Spotify fairy useless.

I also cast from the soundcloud app don’t have the same issues.

in addition to the above issue,  Spotify takes ages and usually multiple attempts to connect to my chromecast audio devices. However when using soundcloud the connection is almost immediate.

based on the above I’m assuming that the issue is mainly with Spotify.

anyone got any suggestions how to resolve this annoying issue?

cheers,

p.

6 Replies

Hey @PTSC

Thanks for reaching out, we'll gladly help you resolve this!

We recommend that you start off by making sure that your phone and the Chromecast audio devices are on the same network. Then you can turn off your router > wait 10 minutes > then turn it back on again.

If that doesn't solve this issue, could you try performing a clean reinstall of Spotify with the steps here

You can also let us know if you experience this when using a different network. For example, you could create a hotspot on your phone and use that network to check.

We hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Hi,

Many thanks for getting back to me regarding this annoying issue.
This period of crisis Makes having music all that more important 🙂

I tried all the suggestions made and the only one that made a little difference was to delete the Spotify app and reinstall, however even this only lasted a few hours and before long it reverted to the previous issues, possibly a little less regularly.

I read another post on the Spotify forum also highlighting the same issues that I’m having, apparently tech support have identified the issue and are looking into issuing an updated version to address it.

In addition to the audio drop outs and random disconnects, I’m very keen that someone also investigates why it takes Spotify so long to connect to Chromecast Audio devices. When using Spotify to connect to amazon echo devices or when connecting to my denon amp via Spotify Connect, its more or less immediate.

Also when using soundcloud the connection is both reliable and also quick.

Many thanks,
P.

Hey hey @PTSC!

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly.

Just to confirm, do you get the same issue if using a different network to connect your devices?

And another thing that is often overlooked, can you try restarting all the devices that you're using to play Spotify?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your update! Take care 🙂

Hi,

As recommended, I tried Spotify/CCA on an entirely different WIFI network (but using the same internet connection) however the results were much the same - audio dropouts and slow/unreliable connection to CCA device. The only streaming devices that are reliable when using Spotify are my amazon echo input and my denon receiver (1922 series I think).

As previously mentioned, my CCA devices work fine when using Soundcloud.

Strangely enough the day before switching wifi networks Spotify/CCA was working much better on both my wife’s iPhone and my iPhone 7. Still had connecting issues, but the dropout were less frequent. However today things are back to the same bad issues.

Would like to say again, many thanks for taking the time helping on this issue, I understand there are bigger issues in the world right now!!!

Cheers,

P.

• I have the same issue with spotify disconnects from chromecast almost every time that I take my iPhone to change a song or to search for another song, it wasn’t that way as I’m using Spotify with chromecast long time ago. 

@1254879998 wrote:
spotify disconnects from chromecast almost every time that I take my iPhone to change a song or to search for another song

This is ongoing issue. Please, vote here.

Suggested posts