Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Crashes after plugging into car USB (Range Rover Evoque)

Spotify Crashes after plugging into car USB (Range Rover Evoque)

So since the last update of spotify (8.1.0.623) everytime I plug my iphone and try and start spotify car mode starts but crashes.

The first update where car mode came along didnt cause any issues, so whatever this is came from the latest release which incidentally boasted a broader/better list of car mode compatability.

The same phone works fine in my 6 year old Alfa Romeo over USB and car mode starts on that without problem, the crash only occurs in my wifes Range Rover Evoque which is 6 months old and the latest model, it happens on both my iphone (6s) and my wifes (4s), Apple Music plays fine.

Crashes each and every time too, if I close the app and restart it, or after restarting the phone, it'll load for a few seconds longer and sometimes you can see the initial car mode window appear.

Personally I think car modes a bit pants anyway but can't turn it off in settings, i think you'll agree there appears to be a clear compatability issues here though for some reason, bug? 

Hopefully this can be fixed quickly, if we can't use spotify in the main family car then we will have to go elsewhere 😞

3 Replies

I have a BMW I3 and a Porsche gt4. I connect via Bluetooth. For both cars my Spotify crashes whenever I'm connected to the car stereo. Spotify works fine anywhere else. I have an iPhone 6 with the latest OS.

We have this issue too, which means I can't use Spotify in the car. It crashes on every start up.

It works on 4g without Bluetooth but that isn't what I use it for.

I'm having the exact same problem in my brand new VW. I have to turn Bluetooth off on my phone, start up Spotify and play a track, then turn Bluetooth back on and it will start playing through the car. Such a pain in the **bleep**

Suggested posts