Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Issues on iPad Pro multitask / split screen

Spotify Issues on iPad Pro multitask / split screen

Good Day,

Happy that Spotify is working on my iPad pro, however, I can't get it to split screen with my web browser. Is this a known issue? 

Thank you, 

Ryan 

image.png
7 Replies

Spotify isn't currently a multitasking-supported app. Neither is Google Maps. But some other 3rd party apps, like Waze and Djay Pro, do have multitask side-by-side support and apparently you have to opt-out to even make it not work, which Spotify has clearly done here by adding the UIRequiresFullScreen=YES key to Info.plist file. Would love to see Spotify make this right ASAP.

2017 checking in this still hasn’t happened. 💩☠️💩

Yea, looks like Spotify dosen't realy cares about us!!

yes ... just read this (2017): ‘ ... Right now we don't have any plans to support the iOS 9 Multitask Split-Screen feature. However I've flagged your request with the appropriate teams and they'll let us know if this changes. Thanks again and keep an eye here for any updates!‘

@neohel That is a massive disappointment to hear, the multitasking aspect is a major selling point of the ipad pro, shame your devs dont want to be current as this evolved with even more functionality as an ios 11 feature as they increased capabilities of multitasking to three apps at a time, apple music can do it, i mean how convoluted can your app code be to be supported on virtually every platform but be unable to provide a few scalable views. fortunately apple music can do it 😉

I know it. I have a subscription for one year. If this problem is not solved until that date, then I will move to Apple Music. it's a shame but it's also pretty stupid that it's still not fixed!

I NEED this feature as a yoga teacher! Plans on one side, playlist on the other. I can follow along and see where I am with my timing: it will be used by everyone & anyone who wants to teach ANYTHING such as this efficiently! Think of all the many more subscribers you would gain. Now think of the subscribers you may lose, as iTunes & Pandora DOES work in split screen mode! I am so disappointed. Can you please code your app so it works? I currently have a family membership.

Suggested posts