Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Randomly Stops Playing Between Tracks

Solved!

Spotify Randomly Stops Playing Between Tracks

Occasionally Spotify will stop playing a song when there's only a couple of seconds left. The player doesn't automatically play the next song and I need to skip forward. I've noticed some songs I stream from my playlists always have the issues. Otherwise, it can happens pretty randomly. Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Had some more help offline from the support team. We tried quite a few things, but if anyone runs into this issue again, there was one solution in particular that seemed to help.

Indepth Re-install:

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer to sync with iTunes.
  2. Go into iTunes on your desktop or laptop, find the iPhone icon and select 'Apps'.
  3. Locate the Spotify app you wish to delete on the mock screen and click the small “X” on the app icon.

This should clear up any estranged connections between the device and the app store. You can then try re-installing after this.

If the issue persists, you can try turning Mobile Data completely off for Spotify so you're just using WiFi and see if this makes a difference.

You can also check whether the background app refresh is in on in your iPhone settings.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @miketse12, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you first try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? If this doesn't work, we can try a few other things.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thanks for responding! Unfortunately reinstalling didn't help. I got through about 3 songs and then it's stuck at the last 2 seconds.

@miketse12,

Does this happen when you're listening online or does it occur with downloaded tracks as well?

Both.

@miketse12,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Okay, could you let me know your platform and OS versions, along with the exact version of the Spotify app you're running? I'll see what I can dig up on the issue.

Marked as solution

Had some more help offline from the support team. We tried quite a few things, but if anyone runs into this issue again, there was one solution in particular that seemed to help.

Indepth Re-install:

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer to sync with iTunes.
  2. Go into iTunes on your desktop or laptop, find the iPhone icon and select 'Apps'.
  3. Locate the Spotify app you wish to delete on the mock screen and click the small “X” on the app icon.

This should clear up any estranged connections between the device and the app store. You can then try re-installing after this.

If the issue persists, you can try turning Mobile Data completely off for Spotify so you're just using WiFi and see if this makes a difference.

You can also check whether the background app refresh is in on in your iPhone settings.

Suggested posts