NEXT STEP

Spotify Remote - volume control stopped working

Spotify Remote - volume control stopped working

Plan: Premium

Device

iPhone 5C

MacBook

Spotify Web 

I have nice speakers wired into my kitchen from a nice amplifier/stereo in another room and all  I want to do is remote control an old iOS device plugged into that stereo so I can play Spotify in my kitchen.  I'll spare you the struggles (very frustrating), but a couple of months ago Spotify got everything right - I could reliably control the music and the volume of the old iPhone from my MacBook or another iPhone or play.spotify.com or a Windows computer or WHATEVER.  My wife and I disagree on volume pretty frequently and this brought harmony and happiness and good music to cook with.  Recently, Spotify seems to have broken the volume control for Spotify Remote - I can't control any device's volume control from anywhere.  I've tried every combination (iOS to iOS, web to iOS, web to PC, etc.) restarted, rebooted and even **bleep** reinstalled - it's JUST BROKEN EVERYWHERE IN SPOTIFY.  Am I alone in this problem?  Does anyone else rely on this feature?  My marriage is at stake...

1 Reply

Hey @AchillesListens, welcome to the Community.
Hope you're doing great!

Unfortunately you can no longer change the volume of other devices through Spotify Connect.

However, if you would like, you can submit your idea about bringing that back in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts