Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Works With iOS 7 Beta

Spotify Works With iOS 7 Beta

Spotify works just fine on iOS 7 beta if anyone was worried to test it out.

I just want to let everyone know it works.

Local track syncing works too.

Have fun beta testers! 😃

UPDATE:

I've tested Windows 7 & 8 and it allows local file syncing with iOS 7.

I've had no problems with distorted songs, or app crashing.

When I use Spotify, my phone also does not reboot.

Of course, everyone is going to experience different problems, but everything seems to be working for me.

Of course battery life probably isn't the best because iOS 7 is still in beta and there could be background resources that glitch up and drain the battery. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
25 Replies

Nice, that's less work for the dev team 😉

However, I don't have an iDevice, and the cost of the dev account kinda scares me off 😛

I've just downloaded iOS 7 and the Spotify app and I can't get the slider for Available Offline to work.  Any ideas?

Ah, finally got it to work

Hi!  How did you get it to work?

Hi, I just deleted it and reinstalled and it started working fine.  Good luck

The app works fine on IOS7 but I just just connected it to my Kenwood car radio and now it won't show any song information.  No album art, no song title, album etc.  This was working just fine before I upgraded my ios.

If I play songs from itunes, it does show all of the information.

@Rolling wrote:

The app works fine on IOS7 but I just just connected it to my Kenwood car radio and now it won't show any song information.  No album art, no song title, album etc.  This was working just fine before I upgraded my ios.

If I play songs from itunes, it does show all of the information.

This is just the first beta for iOS 7. I'm sure it's probably an iOS bug and will be fixed before the final version of iOS 7.

MattSudaSpotify Star

You could be right but my gut says that it's a compatibility issue with Spotify and that it will be Spotify that will have to issue an update so that it works with the new iOS.

Remember that apple just released it's iRadio app to compete against Spotify and what better way to gain more users then to frustrate Spotify users with an incompatibility issue when they try and connect their phone to their car stereo.

My bet is that it will have to be Spotify to rectify this situation and they should use this "beta" time to fix it.

You could right in that it could be a strategy employed by Apple to frustrate the average consumer but iOS 7 Beta did just come out and it will take some time for any developer to start working around the slightly revamped iOS. I'm sure the Spotify Dev Team will be quick to correct any issues as soon as, if not before, iOS 7 is ready for the general public.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

It works, but not fine.

Seems that spotify causes the new iOS to crash. When listening to a song and unlocking the device with a passcode to return to the app, the whole OS reboots. Seems spotify is the only app to do this.

Also, when spotify is on (in background) but not active (i.e. not listening to anything), battery life decreases by about 1% per min. When spotify app is killed in the taskbar, this slows dramatically.

I'm consistently getting an issue where if I open spotify and try to play a song the audio will be completely distorted (the song is faintly discernable), volume will be super high, and everything is 95% in one channel.

If I restart my phone and try again it will work fine. But sometimes it will happen again after a little while.

This could be a problem with the OS, but Spotify is the main thing I use for playing audio — so I haven't experienced it in anything else.

Spotify on my Mac running 10.8 won't sync to my iOS 7 device at all. My device doesn't appear in Spotify's sidebar at all. Not over wifi and not via a USB cable. Very annoying that I can't sync local files.

No dev account required to update to ios 7 #justsayin. Ctrl>check for updates is your friend

@Mmmmoize wrote:
No dev account required to update to ios 7 #justsayin. Ctrl>check for updates is your friend

There is currently a problem with Apple's servers. It currently is not checking to see if you are a developer. This could change at anytime. 😉

MattSudaSpotify Star

I've tested Windows 7 & 8 and it allows local file syncing with iOS 7.

I've had no problems with distorted songs, or app crashing.

When I use Spotify, my phone also does not reboot.

Of course, everyone is going to experience different problems, but everything seems to be working for me.

Of course battery life probably isn't the best because iOS 7 is still in beta and there could be background resources that glitch up and drain the battery. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I can't even download and install Spotify on my iOS 7. When I press the download button in AppStore it freezes and rewinds as if I didn't press it at all. Have tried rebooting and restored backup. Still won't work.

EDIT: It seems I can't even download it in AppStore through iTunes either.

Hi Matt,

You probably have already read this from the Spotify reviews on the app store, but iOS 7 B3 must have different control access to volume API's, as adjusting the volume of a song during playback crashes Spotify. Other music services that start with a P, L, and S access the volume differently and therefore don't crash. I like how spotify doesn't need to show a volume slider other than the iOS one, but this should be fixed. I'm more than willing to be a guinnea pig for you all if you need, and I of course have a developer account with Apple to keep up with the betas. If I can't adjust volume soon though, I'll need to suspend my subscription and use something else, which would really suck since I use spotify about 4 hours per day 🙂

Yeah, I am using iOS 7 beta 3 as well and I'm having the same problem.

There is an ongoing discussion about it here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Major-issue-in-iOS-7-beta-3/td-p/469...

I don't work at Spotify, I am only a volunteer helper. Spotify customer support is already aware about the bug in iOS 7 beta 3.

iOS 7 is not officially out yet, so it's not fully supported right now. The Spotify iOS devs are well aware of the current problems though.

I'm also sure that Apple developers know about the bug as well. Something changed from beta 2 to beta 3 on Apple's end that caused the volume control to crash Spotify. So it could possibly be a bug on Apple's end that will be fixed in beta 4.

I am using the Spotify app in iOS 7 beta 3. I just have to adjust the volume before opening the Spotify app.

It's a huge pain, but it's a workaround for now until it's possibly fixed in beta 4 on Apple's end, or a later Spotify update.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Still not fixed in Beta 4.

- Allan

Suggested posts