Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app make my iPhone hot

Spotify app make my iPhone hot

My iPhone 6s getting really hot during using spotify app after quiting the app iphone cools down. It drains the battery extremly too.

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech republic

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

Spotify version

12 Replies

Hi @28_k4bt-fxp5j,

I hate to see that happening to you as well. Many other people are facing the same issue even with newer models. I think it might just be a bug that is causing that and I would be fixed in the next update.

In the mean time, you could try to reset your phone through iTunes, it will do a miracle to your device by removing all the junk and stuff being added up in the OS that would make it fail and make issues like this one pop up more often.

Another tip I would give is to close some apps in background that you aren't using but are just staying there. I know Apple says the opposite but when you aren't going to use them right away or the next few hours I don't see nothing good coming from keeping them open in the background. Limit the background app refresh because I am sure you don't need all the apps that support that to be constantly being refreshed in the background except for the ones you really need to.

Part of the big problem is also iOS 11, which boy was it buggiest one Apple ever released. 

However as I mentioned above, the next update of Spotify should fix this.

Hope it helped, if it did mark it as a solution and drop a like!

Cheers!

I have a fresh Iphone 11 and Spotify is cooking my phone and burning out my battery.  Playing MP3's or Amazon Music does not seem to cook it.  Very frustrating.  I will have to pay for premium Amazon Music or something else if this does not get fixed.

Sorry, I turned off all my background apps, rebooted dozens of times and removed and reinstalled spotify. I though it was good for a day but it is getting worse. My battery just died in 5 hours listening to spotify. I have recently only started using it so this is frustrating.

Hey there @SirMixALot,

Thank you for your post in this thread. We're sorry to hear this. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you switch off Background app refresh. Go to Settings General Background App Refresh.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks. I did all you said. It boggles my mind how a music app can heat up my phone. It seems this has been an on and off issue for years. I know the powers transistors for the output create heat but it only seems to be my Spotify app.

Hey @SirMixALot,

Thank you for your reply.

If anything comes up we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Thanks I have been using my free Prime Music and it does not heat up my phone. This seems to be an ongoing issue with Spotify. I can't even understand how a music app can even make my phone a toaster. sighhh..

Hey @SirMixALot,

Thanks for posting.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here if you haven't already. You can also follow the steps provided under Status Update.    

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi. My iPhone XS overheats after about 5-7 minutes of listening music in the background. Here is the data for debugging:

Plan: Premium

Region: Russia

Phone model: iPhone XS 256 Gb, iOS 14.2

Networking: AirPlane ON, WIFI OFF, Bluetooth ON, VPN OFF

Capacity: More than 50% of storage are free

Music: Downloaded for offline listening

Background App Refresh: Disabled for Spotify App

Some details: It started recently. Before that, there was no overheating for more than three months

My suggestion: I made all the tips from the topic Spotify-app-make-my-iPhone-hot and Spotify-is-causing-my-XS-to-heat-up . My observation suggests that overheating occurs when the Spotify app is running in the background in parallel with some other application. It seems to me that when the Spotify app is the only one running in the background, there is less or no overheating at all.

Hey @DVNT_SND,

Thank you for sharing those details, however as @Mihail mentioned above I'd be better if you vote for the Ongoing Issue here if you haven't already. That's where the team looking for a fix on this issue is gathering info to help them fix it faster.

Thank you 🙂

Thanks. That is interesting but not really a solution. Spotify needs to kick their developers in the backside. I will use my free prime music for now and wait to see if this gets fixed before jumping ship. It seems doubtful though.

Hey @SirMixALot,

Thank you for your reply.

This is currently being investigated so if you'd like to be updated you can Subscribe to the ongoing issue thread.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts