Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify iMessage app missing

Spotify iMessage app missing

For at least a week now the Spotify iMessage app is missing. I’ve followed all trouble shooting instructions both before and after today’s iOS 14.4 update and it’s still missing. Please let Spotify know if you see it missing as well so they’ll fix it. Thanks. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 14.3 and 14.4

My Question or Issue

Fix and bring back the iMessage Spotify app. 

Top Answer
Ver
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We can confirm that currently there is no option to share Spotify content via iMessage. 

As iMessage is maintained by Apple, this isn't something we have full influence on, but if we see that this is a popular feature that our users want, we can look into and see what we can do.

You can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can vote and support it. Rest assured that we monitor the ideas and ideas that reach 500 votes are passed on to the respective team that can address them.

That being said, for the purpose of tracking, we want to focus gathering of feedback and votes in the ideas section, so we'll be closing this thread.

All the best!

14 Replies

I made a post about this too. It is really annoying. I just switched from apple music and that was a feature I was heavily using and I m quite disappointed that there is not this feature anymore on Spotify. I contacted spotify support and they told me that the feature is "long gone" but they "take feedback and forwarded the message to the team". A moderator on my thread told me that this is Apple's fault and it has something to do with the latest update and that I should contact them. I contacted apple and they had no idea what this is :)) so yeah very high quality support on spotify's part. 

Yah. I’m very dissatisfied with Spotify’s response. They said it might be a backstage problem??? Also, the iMessage app disappeared several weeks after the 14.3 iOS update and was not fixed with the 14.4 iOS update. Somebody needs to fix it.

Its really annoying..

Ya just noticed too that’s how I found thIs forum. Comn spotify at least pretend to use servicenow.

Same issue for me. I no longer have the Option to send a song via iMessage within the app. This is annoying.

Plan

Free

United States

iPhone 8

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

I used to be able to send specific songs with the little Spotify app in iMessage but it’s not there anymore. Was the feature removed?

And why is it taking Spotify so long to do anything, if they’re doing anything at all about it. It would be nice to know they’ve seen this thread and are working on it. I already chatted with them several days ago and they told me to put a post up here.

Happening to me too. Really hope they fix this soon. I miss being able to quickly share music with my friends.

Right?!? The lack of acknowledgment from Spotify is disappointing.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. Apologies for the delayed response.

We'd like to report this to the team in charge. In order to do so, would you mind letting us know the following:

• Your device's model and exact OS version
  • The Spotify version you're currently running
  • A screenshot of how you see things on your end

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Iphone xs max on ios 14.4 (i ve heard from others that it also happens on 14.3 so its not apple’s fault)

Premium plan, spotify 8.6.0 beta(it also happens on the public version).

C7997899-D9AB-4505-A976-29B35E40A262.png
A77521C0-7DC3-4501-985E-0F6D1B5569D1.png

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max. The iMessage Spotify app has been missing since iOS 14.3 but only several weeks after that update. I am now on iOS 14.4 and that update did not fix the issue. Attached is the Spotify version I have and sending you a screen shot of my iMessage app options. 

10E7368B-9C06-46CF-916A-05CD8FED4D5E.png
654861DF-816E-4202-8741-6F72C67EFEB0.png
3B6E55CB-E926-42BC-9246-82AA55D076C7.png

It's so frustrating :(( I used that feature so much... I hope it comes back eventually

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We can confirm that currently there is no option to share Spotify content via iMessage. 

As iMessage is maintained by Apple, this isn't something we have full influence on, but if we see that this is a popular feature that our users want, we can look into and see what we can do.

You can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can vote and support it. Rest assured that we monitor the ideas and ideas that reach 500 votes are passed on to the respective team that can address them.

That being said, for the purpose of tracking, we want to focus gathering of feedback and votes in the ideas section, so we'll be closing this thread.

All the best!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts