Spotify iPad is too outdated: No Discover, Me & Others.

Solved!

Spotify iPad is too outdated: No Discover, Me & Others.

jeremygoh
Community Legend
Spotify's iPad App is too under powered, it doesn't come with Discover, Collections, Browse and many other features which is not available.

Update: 24 Nov 2013: Spotify connect is launched on my ipad and iphone, but didnt see the rest of the other features... 

30 November 2013: Spotify added browse on the iPad. Finally! Hooray. Still waiting for the decade old Discover! :(
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

image.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify iPad is too outdated: No Discover, Me & Others.

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey guys!

iOS version 1.9 has just been released!

This update brings the new design and "Your Music" to the iPad.

Enjoy! Thanks for your patience. 

View solution in original post

59 Replies

Re: Spotify iPad is too outdated and not to speed with the latest features

Peter__
Community Legend

This does bug me, the iPad app used to be the best one and its fallen behind the times!

I'm crossing my fingers for a big update soon, because collection is realistically going to have to go across all platforms for the system to work.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

jeremygoh
Community Legend
Yeah and the thing is even Android tablet app is much more full featured as compared to the iPad. Which people was laughing at.
Sigh. I hope they release a new update soon.
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi Folks

Just to ensure that I'm on the right way: As far as I understand your posts it is not a personal problem of my installation that the Spotify App at my iPad (4th Generation) looks so much worser then the desktop or the iPhone version. There is for example no Discover option on the iPad; my version looks exact the same like the one of @hejeremygoh.

I always thought I was doing something wrong because I couldn't believe that the latest release of Spoitfy for iPad is that much worser than the one for iPhone. But... it is, in fact? Nothing wrong with my installation, then?

If yes: Come on, Spotify people, give us a release for the iPad which is at least as powerful as the one for the iPhone. Please!

Peter__
Community Legend

@user-removed - Bet your installation is just fine, the iPad app just needs some serious love! It is something I have made the Spotify team community team aware of though! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

user-removed
Not applicable

No problem then: I love my iPad app either way... ;) Albeit: I would love it even more after a nice and helpful update...

jeremygoh
Community Legend

Its far too backdated, to be honest. It seems like the entire iPad platform is completely neglected.

J.

I'm here to shuffle!

jweigand
Music Fan
I'll chime on this - given how far behind the iPad app is, I'm almost wishing I could just run the iPhone version on my iPad.

jeremygoh
Community Legend

Also, the design on the iPad app isn't up to date with iOS 7 elements at all. Putting together the side by side comparison with the iPhone version and iPad version there's a really big gap.

I'm here to shuffle!

Jong1
Gig Goer
Another vote for being able to install the iPhone version on the iPad! Or better still get an update out already! :)
SUGGESTED POSTS