Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

Lately I’ve noticed that when I’m listening to music on Spotify and a notification pops up or I check my screen, the screen doesn’t auto lock after 30 seconds like I have in my settings. Auto lock works with all my other music apps. Anyone else notice this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify interfering with Auto lock - Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey!

Thanks for getting back in touch!

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we really appreciate you letting us know about this. We're always working to make Spotify a better experience. We'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

45 Replies

Re: Spotify interfering with Auto lock

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 16
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

quenting96
Casual Listener

I have the same problem for a few weeks now.

iPhone X with iOS 12.1.4

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @quenting96,

Thanks for your reply :)

Could you try a quick clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps.

Please let me know.

LoxerRock Star 16

sarahs16
Regular

In case this is helpful, my phone is currently running IOSversion 12.1.4, and I'm running Spotify App version 8.4.93.796.

The issue happens intermittently, and killing the app and reopening usually fixes it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed it happening as often as I do. If I'm listening to music for an extended period of time (like an hour or so) it starts happening, almost without fail.

Re: Spotify interfering with Auto lock - Status changed to: Need more info

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reporting this.

If your iOS device won't lock while Spotify is open (but not on the background), we'd first recommend trying a quick reinstall of the app by following these steps. We'd also suggest making sure to try a soft reset of your device. 

If that doesn't do the trick, make sure to click the +VOTE button and leave a comment with the following details, if you haven't already:

• Your device and its OS version
  • The version of the Spotify app
  • Does the same occur when trying on a different device or when offline/connected to a different network connection?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies :)

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

That was happening to me until today, I tried to reinstall my app again and now it does autolock.

Could you guys try it too?

LoxerRock Star 16

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
It's back again, it won't auto lock.
LoxerRock Star 16

sarahs16
Regular
Same here! I did a clean reinstall of the app just yesterday after I got home and noticed it happening. Usually I just kill the app and start over but I saw the earlier post a clean reinstall and thought I would try that. Now I’m at the gym and noticing it again.

user-removed
Not applicable

iPhone X iOS 12.1.4 / Spotify Version 8.4.94.812 - having very similar issues, started today?? Not immediately after the last update!! Cleared Cache, removed app (& associated data), restarted phone, reinstalled, logged back in etc. Very odd behaviour?? The auto lock will engage fine until selecting a track from songs and activating the now playing screen (for swiping to change tracks while driving etc). I started to notice that certain tracks didn’t allow the auto lock to engage? Whereas others work fine?? I found that removing the problem songs (that I know about from a vast selection) from the library, searching for it and re-adding it (placing it at the top of the list in recently added order) fixes the issue. Switching the library list to list in title order doesn’t make a difference to the pre fixed problematic tracks?? Thanks in advance for you advice/help with this issue, dread to think how many more of my songs are driving this issue?

SUGGESTED POSTS