Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

Running Spotify via Apple Carplay in my 2019 Mazda CX-5 is causing issues. It doesn't happen immediately but usually in the middle of my drive I will notice that the music will suddenly stop. And then for about 20~30 seconds you can still see the music playing on the screen but no sound output and then after that it just crashes my entire infotainment system. The entire display goes black and there's nothing I can do to get it back until I turn off the car and turn it back on. I don't think it's an issue with apple carplay because it only happens when I am running Spotify, not when I am using just Waze or some other application. I thought maybe it might be the cable so I ordered a proper OEM cable from Apple but same thing happened. I've also tried erasing all content and resetting my iPhone to default factory settings. What's driving me crazy is that it used to work just fine; the only two things that happened since I started noticing this issue was resintalling the Spotify app and getting the new iOS 13 update (which most of you probably know included some significant changes to Apple Carplay itself). But I have a friend who also got the iOS 13 update but has experienced no issues so while I can't say that I've ruled out everything, I am definitely leaning towards it being an issue with Spotify. I've officially run out of ideas of things I can try so anyone who knows what's going on please help. 

2 Replies

I have the exact same problem, tried same thing as original writer of this topic. Its definitely an issue with Spotify.
I have problems on me Citroen C4 Picasso with Applew CarPlay

Please fix this issue.

Same issue in my VW Polo 2019.

Suggested posts