Spotify on Apple Watch 2019

Plan

Premium

Country

All

Device

Apple Watch

My Question or Issue

Given the capabilities of Apple Watch 3 and beyond, and given the ability of competing Apple Watch apps (e.g. Apple Music & Audible) Spotify app must be able to download music (say an Apple Watch playlist) for offline listening to Apple Watch.  More and more Apple Watch is used in the absence of the iPhone and can be paired directly with bluetooth headphones - but Spotify's current app is useless in the absence of the iPhone.

Surely this idea has been considered and may be in the works.  Is there a timeline or a plan for this functionality?

Thanks,

MC

2 Replies

I agree! As of April 2020 you cannot use Spotify to store music on an Apple Watch for offline playback. Apple Watch supports doing so, as Pandora's Watch app can. Spotify seems to be refusing to add support for one reason or another. How can we get this changed? I like to run but don’t want to have to take my phone with me! 

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts