Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on iphone (premium) playing VIA USB in Ford Fiesta - not working

Solved!

Spotify on iphone (premium) playing VIA USB in Ford Fiesta - not working

Okay, need some help:

I use my iphone to play music.
I connect it using the USB port on my centre console, it normally works fine...

I got spotify premium to play music without having to HAVE it.

The problem is:

When I plug the phone in, the music from spotify doesn't play (or plays like a beat then stops)

The only way I found to fix this is to pull the phone out, stop the song, plug it back in, play the song for 5 seconds then turn my radio to play from my phone, but after that song finishes, it happens again...

Anyone know how to get it working constantly without cutting out?
Or if it's an error on spotifys side (works perfect when not plugged into the car))
or the iphone, or fiesta?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi friends, I have a little trick to resolve this stupid issue:
1. You need to add one song in your iTunes Library in your iPhone. (*.mp3 file)

2. Conect your iPhone via USB, at this point the radio begins to play that song automatically.

3. Open Spotify and play any song or playlist..

4. Enjoy 🙂

I was using Deezer for 4 years and this trick resolve the problem. But until yesterday I could testing Spotify on my car (Fiesta 2014 Sync 2) and when I plugged my iPhone via USB the radio says "iPhone doesn't have any file"...

Ahhhh I forgot mention, you can use wheel controls and you can see on your screen the title and cover album.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Hello! I have another issue with my Iphone + Ford Fiesta!

When I connect my Iphone to my Fiesta via USB it simply says it's unable to detect any tracks on the ipod.

May I ask how you get it to actually play some music?

@Markda wrote:

Hello! I have another issue with my Iphone + Ford Fiesta!

When I connect my Iphone to my Fiesta via USB it simply says it's unable to detect any tracks on the ipod.

May I ask how you get it to actually play some music?

Hi,

it should work, are you on version 0.6.2?

Have you tried plugging it in whilst it is playing music on Spotify?

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I've just tried again.

Yes my version is 0.6.2

This time I tried starting spotify then plugging in the usb. But it just stops the music and then says "No tracks detected on the ipod" in my stereo display
So starting spotify and music before plugging it in doesn't change anything either 😕

Hi,

Just looked around the community and found this topic. Seems even though it says that is should support Applink, it doesn't according to Sam; might be wrong though.

Feel free to submit a support ticket on the contact form and someone over at Spotify should be able to help.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Try putting one song on your ipod / phone.
that way the car recognizes it can connect to play a song - since technically with spotify, THERE IS NO SONGS on your phone.

But as I say, the way I get it to play a song is:

1. Start spotify, un-plugged and start your song.
2. Plug phone into usb (song will stop) Don't touch your radio yet!
3. Start the song again on the phone (You wont hear anything as it is plugged in)
4. Change radio to play from your phone.
5. it should be playing the song.
6. When the song finishes, REPEAT from step 2 (unplug the phone) other wise, no other song will play and even if you hit play, it makes the first second then cuts off.

@uuilliam wrote:

Try putting one song on your ipod / phone.
that way the car recognizes it can connect to play a song - since technically with spotify, THERE IS NO SONGS on your phone.

But as I say, the way I get it to play a song is:

1. Start spotify, un-plugged and start your song.
2. Plug phone into usb (song will stop) Don't touch your radio yet!
3. Start the song again on the phone (You wont hear anything as it is plugged in)
4. Change radio to play from your phone.
5. it should be playing the song.
6. When the song finishes, REPEAT from step 2 (unplug the phone) other wise, no other song will play and even if you hit play, it makes the first second then cuts off.

Yea I figured out that much...
So it's only possible to play 1 song from Spotify then it starts cutting off and you got to start over =[... Kinda useless while driving 😕

Just stumbled across this thread, and my 2011 fiesta zetec with iPhone 5 and spotify premium is working fine via USB. Just streams directly from the iPhone. I downloaded the latest ford audio dashboard firmware update and installed. Now I just press the AUX button twice and it recognises the iPod connected via USB and streams and recognises the tracks and albums on spotify. Furthermore the spotify tracks can be skipped via the steering wheel controls. Not sure if it is the firmware update which has made this possible? Hope this helps.

And I struggled getting audio until I realised I had to press the "AUX" button twice to recognise the iPhone as a separate auxiliary device, separate from a standard "line in" device.

Just came across this thread as I have a 2011 fiesta and when I connect via USB spotify doesn't work, it plays each song for 2 seconds and then skips to the next song and so it continue without actually playing a song. You mention that you downloaded ford audio dashboard firmware, how do you do that? Is it on the phone or the car? Sorry if I'm being stupid!!!

I have the same problem with 2015 ford focus. It is really stupid problem which has not solved yet.

These two companies are known from all around the world. I do not know who is responsible from this but both have to work together to solve it.

I saw the records start from 2012-2013. 4 years has left but nothing has changed.

It is such a huge disappoinment for Ford and Spotify that we have gotten service and paid money.

Marked as solution

Hi friends, I have a little trick to resolve this stupid issue:
1. You need to add one song in your iTunes Library in your iPhone. (*.mp3 file)

2. Conect your iPhone via USB, at this point the radio begins to play that song automatically.

3. Open Spotify and play any song or playlist..

4. Enjoy 🙂

I was using Deezer for 4 years and this trick resolve the problem. But until yesterday I could testing Spotify on my car (Fiesta 2014 Sync 2) and when I plugged my iPhone via USB the radio says "iPhone doesn't have any file"...

Ahhhh I forgot mention, you can use wheel controls and you can see on your screen the title and cover album.

Hoy do you do that?
I have a Ford Focus 2014 with this problema, Songs plays during 1 second and the no chance to the next, I cant plug in and unplug for each song while driving. ThankS

I only add one song to my iTunes library on my iPhone... When you connect it the car automatically begins to reproduce that song, later you open Spotify and reproduce any song. If you don't have any song on your iTunes Library, the radio doesn't recognize spotify

Sorry to jump on your post, but I've just bought a Ka myself...and no owners manual 😞 They're sending it down to me. I have my iphone plugged into the usb, which button do I need to select in the car for it to play music? It is a 2011 Ford Ka

I downloaded the iOS 11 last night and ever since I’ve not been able to use Spotify via USB in my car. I used Bluetooth this morning on the radio in my house and it worked fine. I have tried downloading iTunes music but it still doesn’t work. Can someone please help thank you

How do you normally use it? I only got my car today. I plugged my iphone and ipod into the usb and I don't know how to get them to play anything, either spotify or music pre-loaded

Got the same problem. The Car radio (Sony) doesn't recognize Spotify via USB anymore. Tried everything with one song in the Music App, could play this song switch to spotify started another song stop after 2 seceonds agian and again. Deleted the song in IMusic again tried directly with Spotify, nothing happens get just the information no data on the display. Really anoying it's worked so fine the Premium 😞

Same problem but with JVC head unit when plugin usb the song automatically play for a second then stop and my JVC screen show "Disconnected" ,So i have to control spotify from my phone instead of JVC head unit.

i've noticed that when i pluged to my JVC head unit and play a song form spotify while my JVC is on spotify app, then press next song button from iphone my iphone screen show device back to iphone for 2 seconds then show dock connector everytime i skip to next song.

cap1.PNG

Thank you. 

Suggested posts